Week 7 Bowl Projections

ESPN

Birmingham Bowl vs Western Michigan
Cure Bowl vs Liberty

SI

https://www.si.com/college-football/2018/10/15/ncaa-bowl-projections-week-8-predictions-schedule

Birmingham Bowl vs Troy

CBS

Frisco Bowl vs Toledo

SB Nation

Birmingham Bowl vs Air Force

Sporting News

Frisco Bowl vs Western Michigan

Bleacher Report

Frisco Bowl vs BYU

1 Like

Yikes, I mean Frisco vs. BYU doesn’t super suck but there rest of those projections, blech.

2 Likes

Imagine us going to AAC Championship game, maybe ranked and ending up with one of these bowls versus one of these teams not BYU. Truly shows how poor AAC Bowl tie ins are.

2 Likes

Our P6 bowls are still better than the G4’s overall.

2 Likes

Life as a non-P5 blows

1 Like

I’ve said this before, but let’s say we run the table in the regular season and lose in the AAC championship game to UCF. We’d finish 11-2, and likely would be in the top 25.

If that happens, there is no way, no how that we will be playing Toledo in the Toilet Bowl.

ESPN has already shown their willingness to move things around to get UH a better bowl matchup - see the 2016 Las Vegas Bowl against San Diego State.

If we handle our business, we’re going to like our bowl matchup. If we don’t handle our business, we deserve what we get.

8 Likes

Lawdog with the mic drop…hard too argue that closing statement

2 Likes

these articles make me sick… lmao versus LIBERTY?! smh

Lawdog is spot on here. Double digit wins and Ed Oliver we will get a good bowl with the horse trading.

My prediction?

NY6 Bowl vs the #8 or #9 team

4 Likes

Air Force is 2-4. Why oh why are they even in the conversation?

I like your prediction.

1 Like

From the bottom of the article:

Things are messier than ever. I had to dip into the 5-7 APR ranks for Air Force and Northwestern this time, and rando teams are filling unused bids all over.

If we lose to ucf does that automatically mean we’re #2 in the conference?

What if cincy or USF finishes the season ranked and we don’t? I assume they’d get in the better game

Only won of those teams is going to have a shot at being undefeated and most likely one of those teams will have two losses by seasons end.

Bowl Projections this early are stupid, the geniuses making these projections are ignoring a lot of the bowl tie ins.

1 Like

Not one of the 130 teams is out of bowl eligibility. That ends this weekend when many drop game 7. It will begin getting a lot clearer soon.

I’m still amazed that someone gets paid to produce this crap !!!

3 Likes

I was thinking the same thing.

If UH doesn’t earn a NY6 bowl…should Ed play in it?

IMHO, no. Get on with prepping for the draft big man. That is more important for him and UH in the long run. We can get a younger player snaps instead. The higher Ed goes in the draft the better for UH.

How frigging tragic would it be if Ed was injured in the Birmingham or AutoNation Cure Bowl? Just the thought kinda makes me ill.

2 Likes