Weekend Tournament

He’s not really a starter……relief pitcher most of time.

Last year he pitched a whopping 26 innings, so don’t get too excited….he won’t pitch that much more this year.

2 Likes

Well, Cade Citelli, the Friday starter, has seriously struggled.

Last year at UT-Arlington:

• Made 14 appearances and started 7 games
  • Pitched 28.2 innings
  • Had 28 strikeouts compared to 21 walks
  • Holds an era of 10.36

Nothing against the kid but those are not the numbers of a #1 starter on a “High” level D-1 team.

2 Likes

We are setting ourselves up for awful first year in baseball, womens hoops and softball in Big 12. Not sure about football but not expecting much there either.
We do need to spend money on our so called lesser sports

3 Likes

Up 1-0 in the third.

Kyle LACALAMETO started and only threw two pitches? Must have that wrong. Anyway solid pitching so far. Well one walk in 2.0 IP. Islanders have given up three BBs in 3.0 IP.

1 Like

3-2 Islanders in bottom of fourth

5-2 bottom of fifth

He probably hurt his arm….he faced one batter.

The next kid( Wright) in gave up 9 hits and 5 runs in 3 IP……but he only walked one guy…. Honestly, I’ll take that….he got knocked around but he didn’t shy away from contact.

12-2 bottom of 7th.

Nevermind, I guess that’s game……second time in three games they have been RUN-RULED.

They consistent.

2 Likes

Now we know why Whitting didn’t talk about our pitching and didn’t have a clue who our starters would be.
It will be interesting who our next coach will be barring a miracle this season

3 Likes

Who’s the big Donor on the Baseball side?
Not Schroder but the other one. Anyway my source n only Source I have within the UH Athletic program says he’s the one is closely aligned w CTW. N there will be some tangling amongst them when a or if decision is made to move on from Whit.

Edit: was just told his name 48 hrs ago, n I forget. But he’s well known, esp within Baseball program

I’ll thk of him.

1 Like

Don Sanders

3 Likes

No, i was gonna say not Sanders who gives handsomely to both UH & SHSU over the yesrs.

Edit: his $$$ are all over SHSU Baseball for long time. But he gives to UH also

What’s the name of the field besides Schroder field. Come on Helpp you UH Alums

Seriously the changed should have been made 2 years ago

6 Likes

Who is CTH? Presume not Tom Herman.

Well we agree there. But sometimes buddy byddy comes into play just like in real life-- Corp World

1 Like

Sorry. Thks for the catch. Typing too fast. Frustrated i can’t thk of person name

You’re not thinking of John Moores, are you?