Weekend Tournament

Playing UIW, UTAH, and A&M Corpus….better win all three I know that….

UIW is 1-3 with two losses to something called Southern Illinois University @ Edwardsville and another to Tarleton.

UTAH is 1-3 after losing 3 of 4 to San Francisco.

Corpus is 2-2 with two wins and a loss to UT-Arlington and a 10 run loss to UT.

2 Likes

Anything less than a sweep should provoke condemnation!!!

2 Likes

Really need to go 6-2 over the next 8, which would make the record 7-5 heading into the OU series. If we go 4-4 or worse over the next 8, it may be a long season.

2 Likes

Well considering how weak this tournament is……then you have Texas Southern, UTRGV for 3 games followed up by Prairie View….that should honestly be an 8-0 run….all of those teams will have RPI’s well over 100 by seasons end.

Then OU is good but not world beaters……picked 5th in Big 12.

Minnesota is off to an 0-4 start as well.

2 Likes

'27 Yanks material there :grinning:

1 Like

Being patient at the plate today and it’s paying off. Now of Citelli can throw some damn strikes…

Coogs pouring it on !!
4-1 Top 4

Edit: Whitting officially in survival mode.

1 Like

9–2 Coogs

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/CougarsBeat/status/1629238901339484160?t=yRH32FSuXqXxRnjvT3OGoQ&s=19

Looks like we are going to win a game goodie goodie lol

2 Likes

Well , that’s a start.

2 Likes

Striving to be the best of the worst.

2 Likes

We did a bit better today.

Let’s get a sweep.

1 Like

Coogs baseball won 14-5, had to make sure I saw that right.

2 Likes

9 walks keeps that trend going.

1 Like

9 walks?

1 Like

And one HBP to get to double digits.

1 Like

Damn good thing we were playing a not good team……how do you not take advantage of 9 walks is beyond me….
Obviously I was not at the game but if I were the manager of the other team about to play UH I would have all my guys making them throw a strike before we really get started in the AB.

Until they realize that is what is happening and start grooving meatballs over the heart of the plate.

With my baseball teams I have them think of strikes like girls/women……I f you have no strikes, you are only swinging if the pitch is like the most beautiful woman you have ever seen, a “perfect 10” in their eyes……with one strike she does not need to be a knockout but needs to be someone you would take home to meet your parents….two strikes——beer goggles are fine….never go down looking.

We are a tough team to pitch against……patience drives average pitchers nuts.

1 Like

Maddux Miller was solid yesterday. 3.1 IP with four KOs and just one walk. No hits.

Last year as a senior he made 20 appearances with just 26 IPs. 34 Ks and 4.85 ERA.

In total he’s pitched 5.1 innings this year with no runs and only one hit.

So our best pitcher has pitched only 5.1 innings this year ?

3 Likes