Well Texas leading the pack

What short term votes are you talking about? Undocumented immigrants aren’t voting. Dems are not for open borders. They support comprehensive immigration reform that implements needed overhauls within the immigration system. They also support the implementation and enforcement of E-verify but only paired with a pathway to citizenship that confers some legal status on undocumented workers already here so as to minimize massive disruption to the labor force and industries that rely heavily on undocumented labor. They also support and have greatly increased funding to CBP for “securing the border” but aren’t elementary idiots that think there will be zero border crossings or that a wall is going to stop crossings. Nor do they naively conflate comparing our 2 long land borders to an island continent country girt by treacherous ocean.

This is the reasonable position. What’s unreasonable is to demand zero border crossings and the deportation/“self-deportation” of a dozen million people who are deeply integrated into our society, communities and economy.

5 Likes

2 Likes

What would millenials do if all the illegal aliens were booted out? Who would more their lawns? Who would clean their toilets?

I’m a GenXer.

On my street in Cinco Ranch II, I’m one of only two homeowners that doesn’t have a yard crew and still cuts his own grass, trims his own hedges, and pulls his own weeds.

As long as I am still physically able, why spend money?

I’m a millennial that does his own yard too. That said, I enjoy doing yard work. If I didn’t, I’d pay someone to do it.

I grew up mowing our neighbors’ yards.

There are some really seemingly ignorant posts on here. The vast majority of folks mowing yards are not illegals.

And one of the primary reasons that the illegals are coming here in droves is that the U.S. government is offering them free benefits - food, health care and other incentives. When I first visited a social security administration office a few years ago (when I turned 65) and filed to receive benefits (that I had been paying for the past 50 years), I was amazed to learn that 99% of the folks in that office applying for free benefits were young Hispanics.

Is this really what the U.S. Social Security Administration was intended to do? If so, then it’s no wonder that it may soon run out of money.

1 Like

First of all, that’s obviously hyperbole. Even so, not sure what that has to do with this thread unless you’re saying they are illegals (which you would have no way of knowing).

What’s that about ignorance?

2 Likes

just something to think about. Undocumented immigrants often times do pay into social security and they aren’t eligible for benefits. Undocumented workers are a net positive to the Social Security trust.

Undocumented immigrants quietly pay billions into Social Security and receive no benefits - Marketplace

Can we cut through the crap. The Magas are the douche bags that have a confederate flag in their garage. The reason Trump and the Magas have become such a perfect marriage is that it is like a lot of douche bag weddings one is in love and one is in it only for the money. At some point the one in love figures out he has been taken and finds out she has left with his money, his one credit card that isn’t maxed out and his tool chest. Plus he finds out that she has been sleeping with his 1/2 brother and the bartender at the Sleepy Dog saloon.

Magas wake up, Trump is in it only for the money and he is sleeping with the bartender.

2 Likes

Yea because they stole someones social security number. No sympathy here.

2 Likes

What freaking difference does it make. They are paying the taxes and getting none of the benefits. So this ridiculous and thinly veiled racist argument that those little brown ones are sucking up all of our social security benefits is just complete crap.

You missed his point.

1 Like

Completely made up. The SSA has no clue who is applying for assistance from programs distributed by other agencies/departments (HHS, HUD etc). Also, direct assistance programs like TANF, SNAP, Housing are administered by state, regional and local entities and all require US citizenship or permanent residency by law.

1 Like

Getting your identity stolen is pretty serious.

You have to be a citizen to vote. The usual timeline if 5 years after becoming a legal resident, 3 years if you are married to a citizen. Nobody getting brought across the border to vote Democrat in November.

What do you think all the Dem fast track citizenship proposals are about?

Answer: to help shore up their political future.

We’ve gone down this road before and the discussions got heated. Most of us were against a blanket amnesty or citizenship, IIRC. You know that bill won’t pass. Not a chance.

Got a Papas Fritas lit up this morning, so things are just fine. One more day until football.

1 Like

NY…ben bedy bedy goo to me

Municipal elections. NYC. That’s a long way from Texas allowing non-citizens to vote. I’d guarantee that here you’d see little support for that other than some folks carrying signs. Sleep peacefully, ain’t gonna happen here.

2 Likes

And also that’s for legal permanent residents. Not undocumented people. The pearl clutching continues.

2 Likes

Hey, bigots are gonna bigot…while clutching their pearls and watching Fox News.

1 Like