We're winning the Academy War in Meyerland

Pete use to fire up the BBQ grill in front of his shop because he said the smoke brought in customers even though he was not cooking anything .

4 Likes

Yes, Fr. Bill took over for Msgr. He was pretty old when he married us, and I think he retired not too long after.

1 Like

Where did the twins go to school and Church.

Msgr Donovan was a sergeant in WWII ! He was an avid golfer and always had his dogs around. Did you know the Garcia-Prats family ? They had 8 boys (at the last count) and several of them became doctors.Dad was a doctor as well . Mrs Prats wrote a book on raising children .My son was a friend of the boys and went to school with them.

2 Likes

We attended St. Helen here in Pearland. They were baptized and received their First Communion there. Went to Massey Ranch elementary

1 Like

Holy cow! The Garcia-Pratt’s lived 2 doors down from us. I babysat the 4 oldest! I have their book signed by all of them! Cathy was the mom. He was a surgeon and she was a teacher before the boys came along.

I remember they had to add on to the house twice!

1 Like

Good grief ! Close to home ! That was one organized home with all the lunches lined up in a row. coats,books
and shoes too! ! Great people!

Ok one more shot for the night ! Did you know Tim Vachris ?

1 Like

Absolutely organized!!! They were the nicest family and the boys were so well behaved.
No, I’m afraid I don’t recognize that name.

1 Like

That one only has like one rack or so. Fkn Shsu was better represented in that store

Grew up just off West Airport between Chimney Rock and Hillcroft. Remember going to Westbury Square as a kid. And my grandfather taking me to Three Brothers bakery. Also attended St Thomas More for CCD and mass

3 Likes

Also attended St Thomas More and grew up in Meyerland. BTW, Fr. Bill Young is still very active and now Msgr. Bill, pastor at nearby St Vincent de Paul. Clergy at SVdP I’ll definitely go by the Academy there to pick more Coogs merchandise.

3 Likes

I loved Westbury Square!
One of our favorite family restaurants was Monterey House on Airport down from Westbury HS

1 Like

Well, looks like I’m carrying the torch. Moved close to Willowbend/Hillcroft in 2006, have been to the coffee shop, grocery shop at the Walmart Market on Hillcroft, Happy Lamp restaurant and attend St. Thomas More Church…ha!

Gotta get to that Academy!

3 Likes

We must have been neighbors - I am still in contact w the Zinannte family - great memories

2 Likes

That’s awesome. Miss that place so much

1 Like

I remember that even with 8 boys I never heard Dr Prats or Cathy raise their voice one time. We always said all those boys must be on vallium . Just kidding !

1 Like

It was a safe neighborhood to grow up in . In fact I let my son ride his bike from South Braeswood to St Thomas More and the neighborhood pool. At the pool Bob Tallimini (Houston Oiler lineman) kids tought my son to swim. I loved that area too !

1 Like

There are 10 boys now! The two youngest were born after I graduated. They were so well behaved and pleasant to to be around.
We stopped at twins for a reason!!

I went to school with Robin and Bob Talamini! They also went to St. Thomas More church. This is great, we know so many of the same people.

2 Likes