We're winning the Academy War in Meyerland

I was at the Meyerland Academy yesterday, and I can report we’re winning the merchandise footage war.

10 racks of Cougar gear (one of the two Texans racks was actually filled with Cougar gear), and only one rack each for Texas and A&M. (You can barely see them in the upper right corner of the photo).

Hit em up!

42 Likes

That’s my old neighborhood! Way to represent!!

18 Likes

YES!!!

It’s about damn time we had a local commercial vendor with lots of UH gear!

9 Likes

Nice. I looked at The Woodlands academy last weekend and it was sparse. Maybe I’ll run by and see if they got a shipment.

The Bunker Hill and the Kirby locations also have a good selection ususally. Buy everything, make them sell out so they have to give us more space.

6 Likes

Good to see, both Academys here in Pearland suck

1 Like

I grew up in that area too!

1 Like

Academy in Webster on I-45 has a poor UH selection.

3 Likes

Mine too Giena,
I lived on South Braeswood between Chimneyrock and Hillcroft for about 20 years. I sold my place about four years before that area flooded. Loved to go to New York bagel shop for fresh warm bagels ! Oh, and how about Three Brothers Bakery inside the loop ? Fabulous food !

5 Likes

Loved all of those places. I grew up off of Chimney Rock and Braeswood near Johnston JH. Do you remember a little place called Zinannti’s Po Boys? My dad sold the house in 2010 after my mom passed. Absolutely loved growing up in that area.

4 Likes

I’m also from the Southwest Side of town and remember Zinnates

1 Like

Yes,Pete Zinannti was the owner. His son and mine played soccer together.

2 Likes

Oh wow! Small world. Great family owned place. Loved it.

1 Like

Many years ago, there was a sandwich shop across the street from Meyerland called Zappos. Mr. Smith, the owner, had his very own bread recipe and along with all of the ingredients, the bread was fantastic. Wish the business had continued . . . . .

3 Likes

It was a great family neighborhood ! My son went to St Thomas More and then Strake Jesuit. We worked in the Galleria are via Rice Blvd. Easy living .

1 Like

My husband and I were married at St. Thomas More. Married by Msgr. Donovan. Tried to enroll in school when we moved in 1971 to the area, but they were full and not enrolling mid year. Went to Parker instead. I went to Queen of Peace in La Marque before moving to Houston, so my parents wanted to continue parochial education.

3 Likes

I loved everything about Meyerland and it’s surrounding area. Great place to grow up!

3 Likes

Talk about small world ! We attended St Thomas More as well. Msgr Donovan was assisted by Father Bill (last name ?) who later became Pastor.

2 Likes

I grew up off of Hilcroft between Willowbend and Belfort. I remember Zinanntis very well. Antone’s isn’t the same.
I live in Sienna now, but my mom still lives in our old house. We still meat at the NY Bagel Shop for breakfast.

4 Likes

That’s great!!!