What about just have the teams play with limited fan amounts

Heard today it might be tough to get back to normal but what about playing games on tv with limited fan bases. Ex, we could allow 10 to 15 k in with social distancing and in bigger stadiums , they do the same per capacity. I’m also sure the fan bases will still buy tics for support then watch on tv. This would be the best of both worlds if we’re still in this problem by fall etc.

1 Like

As long as I am in the 10-15K for UH, it would be better than nothing. I just think things will open up by fdootball season.

3 Likes

Sounds like roller derby. I and all my friends loved to watch it on TV but I have to meet someone who actually saw a match in person.

I am an OOT Coog. I have never bought season tickets. But if we only let in 10-15 and need the help, then I am a season ticket holder!

1 Like

How many season ticket holders are there at UH?

I know many schools sell over 50% of their stadium as season tickets and that would mean some sold season tickets would have to be kicked out or some sort of rotating plan by game.

1 Like

its not just about the fans.

what about the players who will be smashing against, sweating and breathing all over each other for 4 quarters of the game?

3 Likes

What happens if your team or upcoming team has an outbreak and you have to cancel that game or an outbreak happens in said city, does the NCAA have to shut down shop mid-stream?

How about only season ticket holders’ and student tickets can be used and it is up to the fan if they want their assigned seat or social distance? Sadly the numbers at UH make that feasible.

1 Like