What about the women

They are having a great year. Big win today.

I honestly think our women’s basketball program could be a sleeping giant. There are a lot of great women basketball players in the Houston area.

12 Likes

https://twitter.com/UHCougarWBB/status/1365790749703491584?s=20

2 Likes

There’s a thread on today’s game under Lady sports

1 Like

Don’t they become a Jumpman program next season?

Good for recruiting

1 Like

I thk you are correct. They been on edge last few yrs of turning thgs around. Can’t remember the young women’s( one of top players) name but she left the program last yr b4 season was over n I thought that might set them back. COACH H has done good job of keeping things moving in positive direction.

we get the excitement of 2 selection shows this year

4 Likes

Jazz Harris…she had a lot of problems

1 Like

Yes, thank you. Did she go anywhere else.

What abt another one that was a starter. She left as Grad Transfer at end of last year.

I’d really like to see the lady coogs go the tourney. They have worked extremely hard this year and have had some solid wins this season.

2 Likes

Loving ESPN+. Way to go Lady Coogs!

1 Like

Had to figure that the improvement to facilities would eventually help the women’s team get off the ground. Big win today, awesome stuff. I think UConn leaving actually helps the American on the women’s side. They were so dominant that it was hard for other teams to get enough wins to make the tourney.

1 Like

Agreed - I’ve watched more women’s games on ESPN+ in the past few weeks than I have my whole life!

1 Like

I thought they were Jumpman program but apparently it was only the men. Now they both are… And the '22 Texas high school class is loaded, particularly DeSoto where coach Hughey has been recruiting for a long time. They happen to have 3 elite front court players.

1 Like

Hughey has already signed one of the elite 3, Kendall Brown 5’10 SG . :basketball_woman:

1 Like

Don’t know what happen to Jaz, but Angela Harris transferred to Kansas State for the 2019-2020 season, had a pretty productive year avg. 11ppg, 3rpg and 3 assist per .game…