What are you streaming?

Started Marlon Its funny If you’re into Marlon Wayans or any Wayans brothers humor. Or any of his spoofs or most famously White Chicks. I’d say theres definitely a age and humor range with this one but if you’re into it it’s worth checking it out.

1 Like

Something else worth binge watching…HBOs Entourage. It’s an easy binge as most episodes are about 24 minutes (fast forward intro and skip credits)

For those who have watched it.

VICTORY!

With some things going on in my personal life, needed to stay on the comedy track so I started watching the latest season of Archer on Hulu. It’s not the show it used to be, but it still has it’s moments.

Always Sunny keeps me smiling. I started Tin Star yesterday. Not bad, not great through the first couple shows.

I am also knee deep in the Americans. Season 3 is nice.

I binge all summer as a teacher.

Rumor is this will be Stranger Things final season … Millie Bobby Brown (Eleven) who is a British actress is due to begin a new series and mysteries Enola Holmes the younger sister of Sherlock Holmes.

I JUST COULD NOT watch Chernobyl for very long … it was BOREDOM-CITY … the Chernobyl Chronicles I had already seen plus the other documentary on Netflix/PBS several years ago …

1 Like

Just finished Stranger Things 3. Pretty good stuff. Love the show is based in the 80’s, good memories for me.

I was attending elementary school when the 80’s started and in my sophomore year at UH when the 80’s ended. The 80’s shaped me.

The Oil Bust, “Houston Proud”, Phi Slama Jama, 79Q, KLOL, KIKK, The Eyes of Texas with Ron Stone, Rendez Vous Houston, the Challenger and Andre Ware winning the Heisman.

Love the 80’s and my COOGS.

1 Like

Loved Stranger things. The epilogue was nicely done.

Still into comedy sand watched Vice Principals on HBO since I loved Danny McBride in Eastbound and Down. Loved this as well and it really picked up steam in the 2nd season. Strong recommendation if you like Danny McBride type comedies.

Liked Walton Goggins enough in it to want to watch something else with him in it. Choice was between the Shield and Justified; went with the latter as it’s been on my “Want to watch list” for awhile now. 4 episodes in and I’m liking it so far. On Amazon Prime.

If you liked the Vice-Principals cast, they’ve reunited and added John Goodman to HBO’s new series called “The Gemstones.”

The first episode was last weekend. So far, so good.

It’s about a family that runs a mega-church. They’re not particularly good people.

1 Like

Saw that…definitely going to watch that one.

You you guys are into documentaries I just watched a fascinating and terrifying one on the big business of data mining of our personal information to create profiles and then get sold to influence people via social media.

It’s call The Great Hack…it’s on Netflix.

1 Like

Just started Stranger Things and I really like it so far (halfway through season 2). It reminds me a lot of the movie Silent Hill which I also really liked. Might start re-watching Mr. Robot to get ready for the new season.

1 Like

Just binged “The End of the Fxxxing World” on Netflix. Very dark British dramedy; loved the first season and this one was solid as well. Acting is fantastic and the two leads have a great, quirky sort of chemistry. Show does deal with some dark psychological themes, but it has a lot of charm as well. Highly recommended if you like dark, off the wall material.

Saw Absentia on Prime. Good thriller Mystery about an FBI agent who gets abducted. Season 2 is a continuation. But definitely watch season 1.

1 Like

Meat Eater

Just finished up season 2 of Jack Ryan. Very enjoyable. Peaky Blinders new season left on a huge cliff hanger and kills me with the way they do that.

Tried sneaky Pete and just could not grab it.

Tried Stranger things and loved the first season but the second we just did not finish. So I started up The Wire again and it is better the second to around. Spending time with Sopranos as well.

1 Like

The Wire is the greatest…launched the careers of a half dozen A List actors.

2 Likes

Some good documentaries on Netflix …

One on the latest controversial gene splicing therapies curing not only diseases but ridding of pest that are destroying and driving to extinction many rare species in the pacific …

Recent colorized doc on some the famous battles of WWII … colorization brings out more of the detail … plus some revealing “insides” to the real story behind the battles … one for instance is that the french general leading France was a total incompetent boob at the beginning of the war … nazis could have easily been defeated and ended the war in europe but the british and French did not take advantage of the nazis vulerabilites after they invaded Poland.

1 Like

What is the name of the gene splicing documentary?

Also 24 Hour War. Gives a different insight into Ford v Ferrari battles at Le Mans. If you enjoyed Ford V Ferrari the movie, you will enjoy it.

Watchmen on HBO is great. It’s not the kind of program I would normally care for, I think. But I love it. Final episode is this coming Sunday.

His Dark Materials, also on HBO, is good. It’s a kid-friendly fantasy series, but my wife and I have enjoyed it very much. We’ll let the teen aged kids watch it over Xmas break. There are two episodes left.

HBO always brings it–consistently good stuff.

1 Like