SG - Sharp
PF - Francis
C - Roberts

PG - Wilson
SG - Miller
SF - Arceneaux
PF - Tugler
C - McFarland/Lath

I’m purely guessing on backup PG. Thoughts?

I’m going to do the most d-bag thing ever and reply to myself.

I think a key component to the offense reducing the long scoring droughts is J’Wan and Tugler’s ability to shoot the occasional 3 off the high point PnR. That could really open things up if big men need to stay home when our guards drive to the basket. I thought our missing element on going from a good offense to an elite offense was not having that threat of a 4th shooter on the court.

6 Likes

Depending on injuries, that is a team that can win the Natty. Will it? Who knows but Sampson has put the Coogs in a position to win it.

3 Likes

Jefferson will play some PG.

1 Like

PG - Uzan
SG - Cryer
SF - Sharp
PF - Roberts
C - Francis

PG - Jefferson
SG - Wilson
SF - Miller
PF - Arceneaux
C - Tugler

SG - Ramon Walker
SF - Chase McCarty
C - Cedric Lath

I expect us to switch up lineups from big to small so hard to break out the two deep like this.

I also think LJ will end up being the backup PG for the most part. KJ, Mylik, or Mercy could get time there too.

Yeah, I agree that roster flexibility is going to be a big thing, always is with CKS. We will see LJ running the point some but I think we need to look at it more like a PG-G-G-F/G-F/C line up. PGs could include Uzan, LJ, KJ, and Wilson. Everyone else goes in the Guard spots and all of our Forwards could play both spots as well, with the exception of Francis and Lath will probably never see the floor together. Our roster is more like an amoeba rather than ridged spots and like for like subs

4 Likes

Agree, and Kelvin is a master at leveraging his lineup. I’m really excited to see how he does it this year.

Sh*t…completely forgot about Ramon

I’d wait for a few more announcements before discussing this…… do not just assume EVERYONE is back who hasn’t posted yet.

3 Likes

:white_check_mark::white_check_mark::white_check_mark::white_check_mark:

Good thing coach has the portal. Its hard to fathom were are done already.

Self Reply = Baller

2 Likes

I mean, what would you suggest we do? None of our current players are in the portal yet and I don’t see any massive improvements unless you talk about a portal big, but we already have Francis, Roberts, and Tugler. Minutes are gonna be slim for a 4th or 5th big

I’m just agreeing with Kmoney we may be done which would be cool but that doesnt mean someone may transfer out for playing time opening up a spot if coach chooses to go that route.

1 Like

Good point. I definitely jumped the gun on this. I cannot fathom a situation where all four bigs are happy.

No McFarland at Center?

PG - Uzan
SG - Cryer
SF - Sharp
PF - Roberts
C - Francis

PG - Jefferson
SG - Wilson
SF - Miller
PF - Arceneaux/McFarland
C - Tugler

SG - Ramon Walker
SF - Chase McCarty

C - Cedric Lath

Here @Mariner !!!

Damn… We’re deeper than 2 deep lol.

On offense he’s a PF, on defense he play center if that makes any sense!!!

2 Likes

Ramon Walker is the size of a shooting guard, rebounds like a forward, and doesn’t shoot. What position does that make him?

2 Likes

I agree with this but believe MacFarland will be ahead of Lath this year. I’ve heard Sampson praise MacFarland much more with Lath being more of a project. I believe the reason why Lath played this season is because he was physically ready but if MacFarland can continue to bulk up, I expect him to be in front of Lath…

1 Like

[quote=“TheOriginalTimmyChan, post:18, topic:55759”]
What position does that make him ?

A great player!!!

1 Like