What does the AAC do next?

I want no part of Liberty U. I don’t think the conference does, either. There’s a reason they haven’t gotten any indications. It’s Baylor but arguably worse.

App State is fine, though I don’t know what their resources and TV numbers look like. I don’t think they get an invite, but they may be the most deserving.

I do think they only add two as long as Navy stays put. I just think it’s more likely to be Conference USA school. We don’t have to worry about Rice because they won’t be invited while we’re around. UTSA might be, but they’d probably need to make a convincing case that they would have the resources to compete.

3 Likes

Well to be fair death University has been dead silent on the current round if realignment.

1 Like

Ok that was decent.

That’s an understatement, it was killer!

1 Like

I wouldn’t leave the AAC if I were Memphis. I think WVU is gonna try like hell to get into the ACC. if that happens, Memphis would have to be the lead candidate.

The AAC will still have value and the conference champ has a dang good shot to make an expanded playoff spot.

2 Likes

Stop :raised_hand:.

That is a good name for “holier than thou” Falwell’s chumpy school in LynchEmHigh Virginia …

5 Likes

Are you dying of laughter?

No but your scaring me to Death with your puns.

Well I have been told they leave the crowds dead silent.

We better stop. We really aren’t that good. Back to Realignment talk. #GoCoogs

Ya I’ve killed the joke anyway, beat it to death you could say.

Back on topic!

3 Likes

When Rhett uttered those words on the big screen, there were gasps and even outrage in some circles. That was the first time “damn” had been used in a movie, a major movie at least. My grandmother went the the premier in Atlanta and my sister still has the program. Yes, they put out a program that was quite nice.

I feel for the remaining members of the AAC. We know what it’s like to be cast aside and left behind and I take no joy in their plight.

3 Likes

i’m dying here….LMAO

SMU`s rise has been the most troubling part of our decline under Holgi.

6 Likes

I hear dying is deadly…

As always we receive our answers from The Godfather. Even Part 3. Here we learn from our friend and mentor in Sicily that “Your enemies get stronger from what you leave behind”

1 Like

I agree, Mike. It rips deep getting left behind, time and time again.

We gotta stop lamenting the sports dilemmas of programs that don’t care about us.

We’ve fought for 30 years to survive, sometimes against people in our own city and state.

I’m saving my emotional energy for us…and no one else.

7 Likes

I do hope this Big 12 talk is true, and if we are leaving I will always pull for the AAC. This league saved our asses! CUSA…we were in CUSA.

2 Likes