What If

We also had Nate and Fabian on this team?

An almost-for-sure unbeaten regular season?

1 Like

Never “for sure.”

Signed,
Chaminade

6 Likes

final four for sure with them i think

1 Like

I keep pondering this. It would be phenomenal.

1 Like

Would love to make a final eight or a final four!
But it takes great players and coaches, which we have, and a little luck along the way.
There are probably 15-20 teams out there thinking they can make it to the elite four.
But let’s play this out , hope no one gets hurt and the China virus don’t get us shutdown again.

4 Likes

I don’t know if we have enough minutes to spead around as it is. It wasn’t that long ago when we were hoping for 3 or 4 quality starters, not stars, just starters. Talk about going from the outhouse to the penthouse.

6 Likes

Anyone can be beaten and. Ate would not make us unbeatable. Also no such this as a sure Final Four team.
I would it count out Fabian for this season

2 Likes

I remember being excited that Tyus Bowser had wrapped up football and came out to the basketball team – I was hoping he could do something / ANYTHING to inject some life into the team.

Looking back at some of the names from that 2014 roster, the key is the depth of the team now. Sampson had guys that could score (Pollard, Barnes, Stiggers, Knowles, etc in that first season) – not at the pace that today’s team can – but any time a substitution was made, you had to look around and wonder where the offense was going to come from on the floor. Now, you have the luxury of plug and play with many weapons and several of which can create their own opportunities. Quite the makeover by Sampson and staff.

4 Likes

What if Hakeem Was 35 years younger

4 Likes

I agree with Mike the reason Sasser and Mills are so good now is because they got minutes last season. Same with the freshmen this year. If Fabian Nate even Mills were playing their deserved minutes the frosh would be buried on the bench.

1 Like

Quality depth is very important, and there are always enough minutes to spread around for top talent that’s developed and ready to play well. I seriously doubt that anyone that’s “ready” will ever be buried on CKS’s bench.

1 Like

And what if Grimes returns for 2021-2022?

Are we loaded next year or what?!

Because of COVID, can all of our kids return next year? I realize that it might not be likely, but for the sake of discussion, could Dejon Jarreau come back next year because this season is a going forward under the cloud of COVID? If everyone can come back, what does that mean for the incoming kids and roster sizes? If, somehow, we get everyone back for 2021-2022, plus we add the newcomers, UH men’s BB is going to be taking names and kicking asses. Even if we have kids leave, we will still be enjoying good times ahead. Love me some UH Cougars!

Go Coogs! Peace.

I was thinking the same thing, not enough PT to go around. As it is CKS says he has a starting seven, a starting nine would be tough.

I was thinking for the 9,000th time how cool it would be if Clyde had stuck around for his senior season. Or if Dream got the rebound instead Charles. That would have been so cool. What if Michigan missed that three pointer a couple of years back? Man, if I just had a time machine, there would be some changes made.

3 Likes

Keep in mind Rockets almost had Clyde, Dream, and Jordan. Crazy!

2 Likes

Everyone gets another year of eligibility but I don’t think they’ve said anything about expanding scholly limits to incorporate that. Deeky and Gresham I think have both tweeted to the affect of this being their final year. Deeky, Gresham, and Gorham will have been in college 5 years already after this season. Even if we get a scholly limit exception I think it still would make sense for those guys to move on to the next chapter and make room for the guys behind them.

Of course I did not have the same take when Keenum got his sixth year granted…

1 Like

I think the key is that if a player is classified as a senior this year then they can return next year and not contribute to the scholarship limit.

1 Like

Or the 5 point play never happened. What it, what if we had beaten Michigan on CBS?!! What if we out scored Kentucky and made the elite 8…??? What if we had beaten NC State, or gone to the 2011 Sugar Bowl???

1 Like

What if bull frogs wore denim britches and six guns ? ? ? ? ?

3 Likes