What is our new total endowment after The Tuf fund kicks in?

UH was around 2 billion before The Tuf fund so what will it be now .

1 Like

I think that the ~$2 billion value may have included UH’s pro-rata share of the Texas University Fund - or whatever it is called.

It probably won’t materially change. As I understand it, the ~$50MM/yr from the TUF is limited to research expenditures, so it won’t be dropped into the endowment fund.

If we’re choosing to include the state TUF endowment in the overall UH endowment value, then UH’s share of the TUF is about $1.35B, UH’s existing endowment is about $1.4B, so the total would be around $2.7B.

Tech has definitely been counting their TUF endowment in their official publications.

We should do the same.

1 Like

I’m sure we are, but it doesn’t change the factual basis for the numbers.

Last time I exchanged email with UH finance, they were not planning to officially count TUF. Complete email posted in the academic thread if interested.

1 Like

Wikipedia shows both amounts, FWIW.

It isn’t really the university’s endowment since control rests elsewhere. But I can understand why it would be included in the total amount for comparison purposes.

That’s what I’m talking about. All that matters is what NACUBO publishes.

So if Tech is telling NACUBO that that is what their endowment is, then we need to do the same.

Otherwise, we look far behind them.

That NACUBO report gets quoted everywhere
even in Wikipedia, so we had better include TUF when we report to them.

1 Like

I agree we should do what Tech is reporting