What is the lowest point total we have ever had?

Have we ever been held below 40 in say the last 60 years?

You forget the game in the 70’s where we only scored 5 points in the second half.

2 Likes

I attended a game at Hofheinz where we scored 38.

Might have been 1979 or so.

1 Like

Apparently this was the lowest scoring total since Sampson took over so that’s interesting. It was a really poor night for sure, we couldn’t hit anything

1 Like

Was that against UT?

I mentioned before a home game I remember listening to on the radio against thee horns in the late 70’s. My memory says that game was 14-12 at halftime with one team (or both) killing clock on every single possession…at least for the entire first half.

Seems like the final was in the 30’s. Maybe something like 42 - 38?

Lowest point total for a #1 team since 1982, per ESPN.

I’m amazed that you can remember those stats. I try to erase them from memory as fast as they came in.

Our team was so bad that Leonard Mitchell suited up and played Center.

I think it was 1979.

The next season Rob Williams arrived. Things quickly improved.

1 Like

Yes, I remember that. Otis Grant also played a little basketball from the football team. Otis passed in 2022. May he RIP.

Highest point total loss by UH in a Tournament game since UCLA game since 1969… according to ESPN.

I am pretty sure that early in the 1974 season, we beat West Texas State 20-19 or at least something close to that. That was a team that featured Otis Birdsong, Louis Dunbar, Maurice Presley, and David Mars. Obviously it was long before the shot clock and playing stall ball was WTSUs only chance to beat us. It almost worked.

1 Like

Not sure about lowest point total for game but Tulsa held us to 10 points in a half once. Probably the worst time I’ve had watching a game in person lol