What is your least favorite song from one of your favorite bands or singers?

Ever thought about that before? Here’s one of mine…

Friday I’m in Love by The Cure

2 Likes

Hollywood Waltz by the Eagles

Dani California” by the Red Hot Chili Peppers

1 Like

Tenth Avenue Freeze Out by the Boss.

I know its a fan favorite but its not even in his top 20 best songs.

Too many to choose, genres I like are large and wide…

Master of Sparks - ZZTop

Everything by CAKE sucks.

2 Likes

Led Zeppelin - Hats off to Roy Harper (An obscure song on the third album)
Rush - Time Stand Still (Frankly, Hold your Fire is my least favorite Rush album)
Jimi - Foxy Lady (He has so many other great songs. I don’t know why this one get so much play)

I’m going to get killed for this one:
Billy Joel - Piano Man I wouldn’t classify Billy Joel as one of my favorites. He’s in my “I like him a lot” category. I just had to put this out there. Piano Man might be the most over rated song in the history of music. If I never hear that song again, it will be too soon. I won’t even go to a piano bar because I know that will be played at some point. There…I got it off my chest. I feel better now.

1 Like

Jeez… there are so many…

“Closer” by Nine Inch Nails. I think most people love the vulgarity of it, which I wouldn’t mind if the song itself had any substance at all. It doesn’t.

“Lightning Crashes” by Live. Probably the biggest hit by one of my favorite bands.

The cover Pearl Jam did of “Last Kiss”. It was a poor choice for Eddie Vedder’s vocals, and I hate the song to begin with.

I think most Dave Matthews Band fans hate “American Baby” as much as I do because when they play it live thats when everyone heads to get another beer. :laughing:

Oh, and I hate hate hate “Hotel California.” Eagles were great at so many things, yet they play three straight minutes of arpeggios. I hope I never have to hear it again.

I don’t agree but that made me laugh

I’ve got to hear this….

What songs by CAKE do you like?

Hey, I’m not some big Cake fan. I just don’t mind them whenever they come on the radio. They have a unique style that I’m not surprised is polarizing. If I was hearing them all the time I imagine they would get old faster than most

On top of being a fun band, Cake uses counter-melody masterfully. “Let me Go” is pretty good, as is "Short Skirt/Long Jacket. As a trumpet player myself, I appreciate the horn element.

Music is subjective so not everyone will agree but I like them.

Love that song.

Now, Dancing in the Dark…the first song that came to mind when I read the thread title.

Starship We built this city, the all-timer, and Who let the dogs out.

The Dancing in the Dark video launched Courtney Cox’s career. She was an attractive 20 year old when she was lifted onstage by Springsteen to dance to the ending of the song.

She later starred as a cast member in Friends.

1 Like

Rainbow Stew by Merle Haggard

1 Like

Helter Skelter. The Beatles. So cringe trying to be heavy metal. You’re too good for that Paul.

Heart of Rock n Roll- Huey Lewis. I’m not saying that they’re a great artistic band but I find them enjoyable. But that song is such obvious pandering trash that’s it’s insulting even for a band that isn’t exactly an artistic heavyweight.

Any 80’s doo wop from Billy Joel.