GAME. LARRY SAID I THOUGHT YOUR COUGARS WERE GOING TO
GO ALL THE WAY. BUT IT APPEARD THAT THE REFS WANTED KEN
TO WIN. I SAID I THOUGHT THE FOULS WERE A LITTLE TIGHT ON
THE COOGS. THE OTHER FELLOW FROM KEN. SAID LETS BE
HONEST DO YOU THINK THE NETWORKS WANT UH OR KEN IN
THE FINAL 8. BIG OLD LINE TEAMS GET THE BREAKS. WE BOTH
AGREED IT LOOKED THAT WAY TO ME.

4 Likes

The refs may have been a little tougher on the Coogs but we Coog fans are looking at things in a bias way.

I see it as the networks wanting the Coogs to beat Kentucky. Kentucky this year are boring. Other than the coach, there is not much of a story there.

CKS has said all year that the Coogs have a great story and he is right. I think the networks were wanting UH to make the Elite Eight or Final Four. They know that people would tune in to see if this team can actually win it all.

I think the media couldn’t wait to start talking about these story lines and expand on them more.

• Phi Slama Jama days
  • Non-existent program for 30 years
  • CKS ban from college basketball for 5 years
  • CKS resurrecting UH basketball
  • New basketball facilities
  • Will CKS take the Arkansas job?

The networks wants eyeballs and there is nothing more interesting than watching David taking on Goliath.

2 Likes

I don’t think so. Busting the refs is easy to do in any basketball game but when both teams play the same physical style of defense and one gets 23 fouls and the other 13, something is not right. I said in another thread that I think the coogs were whistled more because they had to fight harder to accomplish the same thing against UK’s bigger guys. That extra effort contrasted unfavorably with UK’s “normal” effort, hence the lopsided PF totals. I still think this had a lot to do with it.

We have a reputation for being a physically tough team. So they called touch fouls on us that weren’t called on UK. Honestly both of those last drives by Davis could have easily been called fouls IMO since there was body contact.

2 Likes

I thought Corey was fouled on his last drive!

I had multiple non-coog fans at work telling me the refs helped Kentucky win. I didn’t bring up the refs, they did unprompted.

1 Like