What were your favorite bowel games this season?

I know most stunk to high heaven and were really crappy but some were entertaining, especially yesterday.

1 Like

Here’s my take - I tried to watch several bowl games before yesterday including some “high profile” ones but I couldn’t bring myself to it because in almost every case the teams playing were not the same teams as they were in the regular season - we can thank the transfer portal and timing of it coming online immediately after the regular season as well as the normalization of opt outs for this. “G5 school went 9-3 and made a bowl game but their QB is leaving for a $500K NIL deal to some ACC school so some unproven backup is playing” or “X is a first round pick next year so he is opting out of the bowl game because their team only went 8-4 and is playing in a run of the mill bowl game”. Thoughts like that ruined it for me. I watched both “playoff” games yesterday and will watch the Natty Monday but otherwise I’ve been fully on to the NFL for weeks now. I didn’t feel like this last year (maybe because UH made a bowl game) but for me the 2023 NCAA football season has been a tipping point- honestly I’m not sure I will ever really watch much postseason now unless it is UH in a bowl game or it is the “playoffs”.

3 Likes

Should i change the spelling for ya on Bowel games or we could all just pretend we’re grading Bowel movements. :laughing::sweat_smile:.

5 Likes

That game where UT lost

4 Likes

I thought it was on purpose
 Lol

3 Likes

I start watching college basketball
 Hadn’t watched a football game in a month until yesterday

3 Likes

Yea, i thought for min it might be. But I can’t give Tyler that much credit yet. I’m going w the ( sp) error.

1 Like

My favorite bowel game was overindulging on jalapenos with my nachos. Lots of adrenaline highs, unpredictable ending, and a warm afterglow.

8 Likes

I didn’t watch a single game in its entirety. I did watch last night when it looked like Washington was gonna name the score cuz sad wHorn is fun!

Just gross coogman91. :laughing::rofl:

Some of those div. 2 & 3 games were, to me, fun to watch-kinda like the way the game was played when it was truly fun. Open low bleacher stands, some grass fields, kids running loose all over, adults bundled up to each other sharing who knows what, and the teams really getting after it-hardly any electronics on the sidelines, coaches yelling, etc.etc. South Dakota State Jackrabbits was my fav for mascots, Montana Grizz was cool also. Compare that to what we saw last night from New Orleans–1$ to100MM $$$$$$$$$$$.

2 Likes

I knew someone would dooo me proud on that.:grinning:

Most of the games were just some football to watch but not really thrilling. However, I thought the LSU comeback win over Wisconsin was most exciting to me because I went to LSU 2 1/2 years and my sister graduated there. Yes, before I came to UH, I grew up an LSU fan.

The two CFP games yesterday were also very exciting as well, but I had no dog in those fights. But one of the teams I pulled for won and one didn’t. Yall should know which ones I am talking about; one is obvious and the other is easy to figure since you know the obvious one.

He did say “I know most stunk to high heaven 
”

1 Like

The Alamo Bowel

Yesterday’s CFP Bowels

1 Like

Gator Bowl was another good one

Probably the morning after Thanksgiving

I had eaten a ton.

1 Like

" I tried to watch several bowl games before yesterday including some “high profile” ones but I couldn’t bring myself to it because in almost every case the teams playing were not the same teams as they were in the regular season
"
Sums it up for me. This ‘bowel’ season was a mess. I have tried to attend at least one bowl game for the last 15 years, but this year, partially because UH is sitting at home, I didn’t have much interest. It will be hard for me to justify the expense to watch Enormous State U’s JV play Big State’s 2nd string. At least if I am watching it on TV I can turn it off. The NCAA is offering a diluted product at regular price. Bad idea

2 Likes

Yesterday I watched LSU-Wisconsin, a little Liberty Oregon, a little Iowa Tennessee, and both playoff games. Overall the NIL, opting out and our bad season had me not interested in bowl games.

When the Astros lost I didn’t watch 1 pitch of the world series last year. When UH lost vs Miami last year I was done. I generally just stop watching when UH or my team is done. There is not any enjoyment after UH loses.

3 Likes

I watched the two playoff games and enjoyed them both, but I must say I was trembling a little bit when Texas made that late comeback and almost pulled out a win.
Personally I thought the game was over when Washington recovered the onside kick.
Texas used its two timeouts to save some time and then got a huge break moments later when the Washington back went down injured and saved 25 seconds on the game clock.
I then just shook my hat in disbelief when a short punt and fair catch caused a penalty when the Huskie tackler intruded on the play.
And then Washington must have called Belk because that prevent defense was ideal for Texas to march down the field, Of course on the final play of the game the Washington DB made a great play on the lob to Mitchell in the end zone.
I slept much better after that

Doubt I will watch the final game
no interest in two teams from the wrong part of the country lol

1 Like