What would a G5 Super-conference look like?

Air Force, Appalachian St, Arkansas St, Boise St, BYU, Central Florida, Central Michigan, FIU, Houston, Marshall, Navy, San Diego St, South Florida, Troy, Tulsa, Western Kentucky.

Yuck

3 Likes

I look at it as whom would add to the American -

Arkansas State? App State? Troy? Georgia Southern is a better program than all of those and has a higher ceiling.

Central Michigan? Northern Illinois is more Aresco’s type.

Western Kentucky? Middle Tennessee fits the American better, and even then not great. FIU is a better fit but they’d be doormats in the American.

I’d personally just add Boise, San Diego State, Colorado State, and Air Force to the American and keep BYU as a fire extinguisher if UConn finds its way to the Big East.

1 Like

First off I am for letting Boise St. rot. I do not care to be in a conference with them at all.

Second, I did not read the article but any listing of G5s that leave out Memphis and Cincinnati are invalid to me.

1 Like

Tell us how you really feel.

Is your hatred of Boise State based solely on them bailing on the Big East football only invite after the conference was falling apart? I can assure you if we had a football only invite, we would have bailed as well.

1 Like