Where are Coogs playing over the summer?

Only 4 Coogs left playing in Summer Leagues as many of the leagues are wrapping up. The Ohio Valley League Playoffs were inundated with rain forcing the cancellation of the playoffs and the Hopstown Hoppers being declared champions. Tanner Lawson’s Santa Barbara Foresters ended up winning the California Collegiate League title with Lawson pitching in relief in the final game. Also means that Clay Casey’s Menlo Park Legends ended their season. Wong’s Bourne Braves will wrap up their regular season this week and the Cape Cod Playoffs begin next weekend; Bourne has clinched a playoff spot. As far as the Chinooks, they have two more weeks for the regular season and even though it looks like Zac Taylor may no longer be a Coog, Marshall Kasowski continues to dominate, again being named pitcher of the night for his last outing. With him looking healthy, there will be some healthy competition for the starter spots next year.

Wong’s Braves finished up the regular season, but they’re still going in the playoffs after sweeping their first round opponent. Trackers don’t keep stats so I’m going to stop tracking at this point.

Taylor, Kasowski, and Bond have another week with Lakeshore. Taylor is no longer with the Coogs (neither is Wingate which is why I’ve put their names in red), but I’ll keep tracking him for now. Kasowski had another lights out outing while Bond struggle, but picked up a win.

Casey was named to the all-league team in the California Collegiate.

https://twitter.com/NWLbaseball/status/764865016512118784

Conor Wong’s Bourne Braves made it to the Western Division Championship before falling in Game 3 of the Best of 3.

Tanner Lawson’s Santa Barbara Foresters went on and won the NBC World Series in Wichita. Lawson pitched in 3 games down the stretch, picking up 2 wins and looking very good in relief.

Marshall Kasowski’s, Nolan Bond’s, and Zac Taylor’s Lakeshore Chinooks begin their playoffs tonight.

Final stats for UH Baseball players this summer. Those in red are transferring out: