Where does our Golf Team go from here?

If we build another course what happens to the Dave Williams facility. Is this facility (DWG) still technologically competitive?

Why dont we partner with Wildcat Golf Course. The name in the marketing is right there, plus it is much closer a home golf course to campus then where UH was playing. Maybe UH should look into Gus Worthom. That is one historical golf course and was the big famous golf course for decades. Celebrities have played there. Its down the steet from UH as well, or we buy TSU level it and build a gold course across street UH jk.

1 Like

Wortham is way too short.

The team used to be associated with Southwyck years ago.

1 Like

Southwyck is so awful now. That course went downhill in a hurry.

2 Likes

People think Houston is a great climate for golf. That’s only partly right. You need world-class upkeep to defend the course from becoming a jungle. And any low areas hold water like a reservoir. Then the long periods of high temps burn holes everywhere. Its nothing but work and resources.

I think you almost need a new course with several layers of sand mixed in the sub-soil.

1 Like

This board is truly a wild place. I love that every August, one of these knucklehead threads shows up about our golf program. Thank goodness I’m not seeing any of the “hire Billy Tuten” or some other random ex-player comments. Sheesh.

Houston ended the year ranked better than SMU and y’all’s other favorite program, Sam Houston.

1 Like

Don’t get mad, Three. I’m just wondering what the trajectory looks like.

1 Like