Where is the FDA and EPA?

Ever heard of Chlormequat Chloride?
Why should EWG the ones to find this out?
How many children/adults eat these every day?

This is impossible to answer without getting political.

1 Like

Seriously?
Is someone/individuals being paid to look the other way? This has nothing to do with politics but accountability.
This has to be exposed, reviewed and fixed ASAP. This reminds me of Roundup. Consequences are there for everyone to see. We often read about low sperm count directly affecting birth rate. This is clearly listed.

Probably true. Please don’t go there.

1 Like

Yep, someone is hoping it gets political.

This reminds me of the GMO debate from a few years ago. Strictly from FDA/EPA regulations we are way behind the EU. Roundup is a company owned by Bayer if I remember. They/Bayer had to pay a huge fine.
Cheerios end up with children, future adults

It’s just another pesticide that’s approved for use in the EU, but not currently in the US.
But there is an application to make it so here too.

Chlormequat is not approved for use on edible plants in the U.S. However, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) decided in 2018 to allow the importation of foods treated with the chemical. It is approved for use on food crops, mostly grains, in the European Union, the United Kingdom and Canada.

If the EU is allowing chlormequat in crops this EWG report is going to make a ton of noise. The European cattle industry has way stricter restrictions that we have. Our meat is not allowed to be sold in the EU because it is deemed unsafe. The crops industry as well. Here is a quick article on the subject:

Sure, I think the beef thing is due to our use of antibiotics in cattle feed and growth hormones ?
And desire to protect markets. It gets messy when science and economics collide.

It will be interesting to see how the EU, UK, and Canada respond to this data.

The question is what other products that we ingest that are contaminated?

I’m sure you can find many types of pesticide residue in humans. Question is what level, if any, is safe.

It’s the Peggy Hill problem if you ever saw this episode.

In order to figure out how to actually successfully grow organic produce, Peggy goes to see the previous teacher who taught the garden class to ask him how he did it. It is there where she learns that he cheated and used pesticides. He tells her it is not possible to grow good produce without the use of chemicals. Now Peggy knows what she has to do in order to keep the garden class going.

Peggy begins making secret late night visits to the garden to spray pesticides. Within a few days the garden spruces up and is looking great, and the class is ecstatic. After the week is up, and it is time to once again feed the produce to the football team, the class emerges from the garden with many bushels of fruits and veggies, all of which look delicious and perfect. The team and Principal Moss are pleased and the class is allowed to continue.

1 Like

I love me some capitalism. F up food and all.

I really do not think this is about capitalism. Some people got paid under the table to look the other way.

It’s about higher yield with the use of pesticides.

Who got paid by whom to look the other way in this instance ?

Sounds-like a bribe, and I’m sure that does happen in probably any economic system. And in every economic system it probably is illegal.

But I haven’t seen the specific charges in this case of how much was paid and who paid who
what.

Capitalism = Getting Paid, Getting Paid = Capitalism, capitalism is about the individual or corporation (since according to SCOTUS ruling there considered a person) profiting regardless of environmental or individual harm it causes to individuals or society as long as you make a profit. Bribing is the ultimate form of capitalism.

I know what is about. What does not make sense is for the E.U. to go along with it. Is it a different allowed amount deemed safe? I hope EWG enlightens us. I do believe bribes took place. This should have been in the “open” for years.