Which Non State of Texas Away Games Might You Go To?

I heard West Virginia and Kansas St. have good tailgating and game day atmosphere. Never been to either. UH plays at Kansas St. this year and at West Virginia next year. Will it depend on the standings? West Virginia could be interesting next year, assuming CDH is still the head coach.

3 Likes

Florida

BYU

1 Like

UCF
CINCY

I drove to Cincy back in 18(?) and to Morgantown to see BU first time vs. WVU. Both were a ton of fun and very very cool fans. Cincy has a great campus near downtown w/ lots of cool bars, and my BU (grad school) buddy and I were offered free end zone suite seats by some very cool Mountaineer fans who saw us in line to enter in our BU sweatshirts. We drank and ate for free that day! Classy Conference Foes~

3 Likes

We need some cool bars and such in and around campus

4 Likes

WVU and BYU

2 Likes

West Virginia.

1 Like

West Virginia is a beautiful state and up north there’s the Greenbank Observatory and Dolly Sods park. But I like it down closer to Charleston around the New River Gorge bridge and up at Hawks Nest. Absolutely gorgeous.

I spent 3 months in Charleston and got to tour a lot on weekends.

1 Like

Manhattan and Orlando don’t appeal to me so nothing this season. (I’m reminded that outside on beating Memphis in hoops the only thing I’m going to miss about the AAC is roadies to Tulane games.)

I’m thinking Baylor and toss up between BYU and WVU

1 Like

K-State … Manhattan is a reasonable drive from Omaha. I know a nice/reasonable Airbnb there on the lake.

Baylor… Lots of old memories…

4 Likes

The Little Apple - hear nothing but good things about it

WV. Wife needs WV visit to get closer to all 50. Oregon and North Dakota after that.

Going to all of the roadies this year except UCF. Hoping we get a road game at West Virginia next year.

I think Manhattan and Morgantown are the only towns I haven’t ever visited, so I guess they would be first on my list. Probably opt for Manhattan if I had to choose. I think the best roadie will be BYU, just for the scenic beauty, hiking, etc.

1 Like