Why did we have a burnt orange-clad fan on court?

With 14:47 left in the first half against ECU on Saturday, there was a contest that we have each game where a student comes out of stands and tries to make some shots. The student was wearing a burnt orange sweatshirt. That’s nuts. There was a couple of thousand students near the court wearing red and white and we pick a guy in burnt orange? Who’s in charge? Could we at least give him a red shirt? Or pick someone else? I don’t care if it’s a UT sweatshirt or not, but not having a student in our colors on the court for a competition is inexcusable.

9 Likes

Was that the Whataburger contest where they toss balls into the orange bins? I assumed the guy was wearing a whataburger shirt that they gave him for the contest.

3 Likes

He was a pretty crappy shooter too. Must have been the crappy color of his shirt.

2 Likes

So what? UH is an inclusive institution, even to those less fortunate :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

Shot like a typical horn 5 ☆

2 Likes

You know what they call a fan in orange at a UH basketball game? A fan at a UH game.

3 Likes

Understand there’s a lot of fans in Bevoland looking to support a real winner. Welcome to them. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

I agree they should have given him another shirt red and white. I’m tired of this. Go to another school if you can’t wear red and white. We’re big 12 now and we need to shame them like other school would. LSU would throw beer bottles at him.Thank God we’re big 12 now and there will be less of this bs.

1 Like

When I had to go over to College Station to work I noticed the Whataburger painted their stripes maroon. I asked an employee about it and they said stores in town don’t merchandize orange stuff because it gets defaced or knocked over.

Two things:

I realized how _____ up that institution and town are.
And, I don’t ever want to be noted for that level of superficiality that I act out publicly against someone’s property over the color spectrum.

2 Likes

That’s kinda different than our students wearing burnt orange etc at our games. We don’t need the whole town wearing red and white or restarants etc but if your in our stadium it’s about respect. If we we’re playing the Longhorns then it would be ok to see burnt orange like when we play then in the big 12 for 2 yrs.

2 Likes

If true, who the f___ selected that guy? That person needs to be fired.

College station building codes forbid the use of burnt orange. That is why the have a lowes and not a gone depot. They made an exceptiin for whataburger, if they made half the roof maroon!

1 Like

It wasn’t Whataburger. That was in the second half.

If you want to wear a burnt-orange sweatshirt into the student section, fine. But why does some clueless rep from UH have to get pick them for an in-game promotion where they come onto the court when there are hundreds of other UH students in our colors? Do better.

2 Likes

Perception is reality. At the very least put someone in charge that has “some” clues. Unfortunately I have seen these types of “faux pas” at the highest level. It comes down to who is in charge of the team that takes care of this contest. It is his/her responsibility to know a minimum about our history/background and instruct his/her employees.

1 Like