Why West Virginia's win over VT might say something

about Houston’s defense.

Over the past 3 weeks the dynamic Kansas offense has made the WVU and Houston defenses look stupid. Now, WVU’s defense was pretty good last year and was expected to be strong upfront. Kansas scorched us so did that mean the WVU defense had dropped off dramatically or is Kansas simply very dynamic, well coached and had the advantage of being a relatively unknown offense? Well, VT is NOT a great offensive team, but they take pride in establishing the running game…they came into last night averaging 138 ypg including 144 yds against Boston College. The WVU defense that got fried like bacon against Kansas held VT to 35 yards rushing and of that 12 yards (best run of the night) was a QB draw. WVU absolutely stone walled VT’s RBs between the tackles. Now i believe the WVU defense is not quite as bad as Kansas made us look, and i think the same thing might be true for Houston as well. Your Coog defense is probably not anywhere near as poor as you might think.

24 Likes

Good game. Congrats on the win.

1 Like

I hope you’re right.

2 Likes

Congrats to you Mountaineers, on a great victory.

5 Likes

Thanks folks, we needed it, and one of the cool things about winning a thursday night game is it allows your college football saturday to be a stress free day to enjoy football. Ill definitely follow Houston’s game with rice…and yes i think the Coogs win it.

8 Likes

Solid win for WVU. Defense was dominant aside from the one VT TD drive.

1 Like

Yes we will see in these next few games.

2 Likes

I agree about enjoying Saturday games more when we win. Actually football season in general is more fun when we win.

1 Like

I was thinking the same thing but didn’t bother looking up the numbers. I hope you’re right.

1 Like

I like it when you post here. Solid comments. Not a troll.

1 Like

Congratsx on the win. Can’t wait to make a trip to morgantown

1 Like