Wichita vs UH - 2023 AAC Baseball Tourney - UH Game 2 - (Thursday 8am Ctl)

What’s always fun is starting at 8a, winning, then not playing until 6p. Good times in the younger years.

1 Like

Yeah, I remember those days…. Way back when my own kid was 12-13….we had a really solid group ranked #1-#3 in the state( majors) depending on the week…we used to really make other teams mad.
On Saturdays everybody played, especially the non-starters and kids that were the 8-12th ranked pitchers were the only guys that pitched.
Very often we would go 1-1 or even 0-2 in seeding games…everyone knew we were sandbagging….Sunday only the nine best played( parents knew this ahead of time) and the studs all pitched…90% of the time we went 3-0 and run ruled everyone…there would be multiple tournaments in the area….many times we would enter and when it was posted other teams would drop out and switch tournaments….directors started asking us if it was okay to not put on the website that we were entered until the day before…more than 1/2 team played D-1….fun times.

1 Like

Unfortunately, I have a doctors appointment, so will probably miss most of the game.

Guess I can watch it until the doctor shows up on their internet connection.

You are doing the right thing….never take a win for granted…

And 13U I recommend taking them to “The Battle of Omaha”.

Big tournament where the boys play games during the day and then you taken them to CWS games in the evening….great time.

1 Like

I second this wholeheartedly - it’s a great experience all the way around.

8 am, hopefully its donuts defense for the remainder of the tournament

1 Like

How many games did Kivett get suspended for?

Scoreless after 1 1/2

Scoreless after two

I was looking, could not find anything yet.

1 Like

Scoreless after 2 1/2. we are the home team

So we know there will be two teams from the AAC now.

ECU will not be hosting…will get to go be a two somewhere….it would be funny if they sent them to Winston-Salem.

Good guys get two in the bottom half. 2-0 after 3

ECU is still alive so they could win the tournament and take the bid.

Never mind….I was looking at the day before…it’s still early, what can I say.:exploding_head:

It is too damn early!

Schmitz gets taken out after feeling some elbow soreness.

Miller comes in and shuts the door with the bases loaded. Going to the bottom of the 4th. 2-0

NICKENS, C advanced to second on a throwing error by p. No outs bottom of 4.

MCMILLAN, I hit by pitch (2-2 KFBFB). Two outs.

2-0 who?