Willie Fritz talking to Ark/Mizz

“The high point of the past season was a last-second touchdown to defeat Houston”

–burns, don’t it?

If Dana were Saban, he would have complained about how unfair it was of Tulane to trick UH with that run out of the kneel-down formation.

1 Like

Yepp lean towards Missou … the porkers and aggies will be forever snake-bit being in the same division as LSU and Bama … if one doesn’t get you one year … the other one will …

Hope Fritz gets it … regardless … he is looking it would seem to want to leave Tulane ELSE why would be he be interviewing a dumpster program like Arkansas or the Missou job

One coach no one is talking about is Josh Heupel … he is neither interviewing nor is anyone interviewing him OR at least none that we have heard …

And what happened to Norvel … were his alledged skeletons too much to overcome … HE IS THE ONE who I hope skedaddles … ELSEWHERE …

3 Likes

Fritz is a good coach and has done a great job. I recall when his name was tossed around as an option for UH.

He turned Tulane around with what he had to work with.

I would stay away from Ark and take Mizzo if offered. Kiffen to Ark would be reality TV gold.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t take either. I’d wait for another…sure to come.

1 Like

He will be 60 next year. I’m not sure he will keep getting chances

3 Likes

I think he would have been successful here when his name was kicked around.

I agree he has to take it if offered, who knows if he will get others due to his age.

Good coach. My choice before Applewhite.

6 Likes

Didn’t realize that. But 60 ain’t that bad.

1 Like

I can recall when his name was tossed around. Did he get an interview here?

Was it after Sumlin? Or Levine?

He would have been successful for about two years and then moved on. Probably on account of his age but the guy has really itchy feet.

2 Likes

Fritz is from Kansas area. That where he was coaching ( small college ) before taking the SHSU job. I would have thought he would have been perfect for KU when HC position opened but they went with big name hire and Les Miles. I don’t see Miles making it more than 2 more yrs at most there. Plus could have grapped Fritz cheaper than what Miles is making.

1 Like

after LTH his name was tossed around on this board. Not contacted by UH.

I know his name came up after LTH but also before.

I recall he did not get an interview. What if? I wish him well. He has made Tulane tough. He did a great job at SHSU.

1 Like

60 is the new 40…

2 Likes

Right. If he wants to move up the ladder he needs to do it while he can. There’s also no guarantee he can keep it rolling at Tulane.

But Mizzou is a drastically better gig than Arkansas, even with its issues. He should take that if he gets the option and wants to move up.

Folks were talking about him after Sumlin left. Not sure if he ever got an interview before Mack gave the gig to Tony.

I dont think he was granted an interview. I heard he was interested. And his name popped up.

Well, I can tell you that 70 is not the new 50.

1 Like