Willie Fritz talking to Ark/Mizz

The guy is 5-5 at Tulane…TULANE.
They are not and never will be loaded with talent.
He shapes his teams to fit the talent on hand.
Their D plays tight press coverage 75% of the time.
Their O is slow down multiple option. But he does this to limit possessions of the other team.

At SHSU they ran a multiple spread. Their QB Bell put up big numbers. Their RB was FCS leading rusher. 2 trips to the finals.

Goes to Ga. Southern and wins the SBC twice running pure option. One year’s losing only to Georgia Tech on a bad of fails call.

His teams almost never shoot themselves in the foot with special teams, stupid penalties, bad tackling, or bad D. They are always fundamentally sound.

I know I sound like his mom. But they guy just wins everywhere he goes.

5 Likes

Maybe we can sneak him up to Hunter Yurachek’s office.

2 Likes

Willie Fritz is a winner, we should have hired him awhile back, him and Briles would be lethal

6 Likes

Why would we sneak him into the Razorback AD office?

3 Likes

It was a reference to the way he interviewed for the job. Never mind.

3 Likes

Now you talking. Fritz is solid. Plus we would get one more media member(his daughter) to attend Monday press conf. :stuck_out_tongue:. Bring it up to 3.:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I like Fritz, but he’s a good Tulanish type fit. UH is a job for hot up and comers who want to make their mark. I’d prefer young with new ideas.

Every hot shot coordinator would take the Houston job.

This is a really good job for an up and comer.

Was Applewhite a hot shot up and comer? Herman, yes.

1 Like

Nope.

3 Likes

CMA was definitely not in that category. That’s why I never understand when folks say “you can’t let HC go so soon or no one will want the job” Rubbish, UH IS the plum G5 job. Most hot, upcoming, hard chargers will jump all over the HC opportunity. Yes, they will get poached if kicking tail. This is the way it will always be until get to the P5 promise land

2 Likes

At this point in time, my guess is that the plum G5 job resides in Florida.

1 Like

There are about 6 plum G5 jobs

1 Like

True, we’re not the only plum G5 job but with UH facilities and fertile recruiting ground, pretty tough to top

Most consider UH and UCF jobs 1A and 1B of the top G5 jobs.

4 Likes

“The Tigers’ opening is considered the coach’s “dream job,” according to the same source.”

If/maybe when Willie leaves, Tulane should take a real look at Napier at ULL. Won the Sun Belt West both of his seasons.

1 Like

He’s a great coach. He made Tulane competitive… and that ain’t easy!

11 Likes

I have a feeling whoever both schools get, their coaches will be fired within 2 or 3 years…

4 Likes

yeah Arkansas has been chewing up and spitting out coaches for years now… including proven successful coaches.

5 Likes

If I was Willie I’d be inclined to lean toward Mizzou…Arky fan base tough too please these days, they’re one step above Vandy at this point in time

4 Likes