Woody Williams returns to UH

He may be a weird dude….I’ll definitely take your word for it….

But I have know several coaches like this in HS and college.
It’s always the guys that are insecure….they always think there is a conspiracy afoot and people are out for their job.

Whereas the good coaches love to see happy coaches and players….it means they are in a great environment….and a great environment is where the best work is put in and results usually show this.

2 Likes

Absolutely! It is the coaches that struggle with insecurity whose teams never reach their full potential. You see that from HS baseball on up. It really is pretty simple. The team takes on the personality of their coach. If the coach can’t loosen up then their players will never loosen up. And, in baseball, that is everything!

2 Likes

As a head coach you gotta take everything info consideration - if he’s too close then what makes you think second-guessing was going on?

Ex pro guys in spots have been known to do that

1 Like

Whatever it was , he was not let go because of his performance as a coach.

3 Likes

Hell-to-the-yeah

A big win for us.

Screw Pierce. Woody is exactly the type of guy I’d want my kid playing for. Woody was asked by local
media what his biggest regret was. He said, “not getting to know his teammates better.”

That’s an inward thinking person and an unselfish one at this point in his life.

2 Likes

Just saw this…great news.

I played against Woody in summer league and college- heck of a competitor. I also remember when he went against Brandon Backe of the Astros in Game 5 of the 2004 NLCS. Woody gave up one hit in 7 innings, Backe gave up one hit in 8 innings. One of the best baseball games I ever saw- a clinic on pitching.

2 Likes