WOW! A 5 star commits to a HBCU

Guys, the G-League is the NBA. The NBA is the one putting up the money because they see it as a good long term move. I have heard it is more about gaining control of the players. I don’t really see why it is a good move. Makes more sense to let these players blow up one year in college, then get drafted.

With attendance, half the teams in the G-League don’t care about attendance. Some teams are still playing in practice facilities. The Texas Legends are one of the few teams who actually push to turn a profit.

2 Likes

as a brown man, i never really understood why most of these top rated athletes go to certain chool with certain demographics…you’d think they’d want to go to HBCU’s or other diverse schools to improve their sports programs/schools, interesting topic for sure

It is whatever is forced on the kids. UT and A&M are forced on most kids in the State…so most kids will go there

1 Like

That’s certainly a valid POV, but it’s also really, really difficult to turn down all of the amenities that come with playing at a traditional Historically White College power program, especially back before games were all televised or streamed or otherwise broadcast.

1 Like

They paid them or others to assist - bottom line

Then it went from there with the facilities and TV

It’s kind of cool to see TSU in the top 10 of a 5 star though I think it’s a long shot for them.
https://twitter.com/619PRESIDENTIAL/status/1286078679521660929?s=09

No telling what happens with him due to him being a freshman

But at least their at the table but recruiting kids with direct ties is harder ironically as there’s a former top Houston kid who has transferred twice to Power 5 schools and rarely plays who is the son of former tsu athletes.