WV Huggins is an idiot

^^^^^^^^^^^^

I tried all 3. They don’t work. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::rofl::rofl::joy::joy:

2 Likes

Devils advocate, here is where Huggins is right. Everyone jumps up and cheers when Virginia Commonwealth beats Duke but here’s the problem: ratings go way down in the next game. No one actually wants to watch Virginia Commonwealth. But yeah it’s dumb. It’s the greatest tournament in sports.

1 Like

But they do want to see VCU if VCU is the underdog in the next round. I think most of the viewing public who doesn’t have a dog in the hunt loves cheering for big underdogs. If you take all the underdogs out, you’re left with the CFB playoff. Yes people will watch because that’s the product available, but it won’t be as good and fun as it was. At least in my opinion.

2 Likes

This is why t gets good ratings overall. The public doesn’t feel like it is an exclusive event made for two conferences. So everyone watches, even when their team isn’t in it it gets more interest. They know that it is all settled on the court not pre-settled in a board room.

1 Like

Nobody and everyone are often wildly inaccurate words. IMO.

I agree with 2002Coog. I love underdogs. Unless my teams are playing, I root for underdogs. And if a game is something like Kentucky-Duke, I’m probably not watching unless I can’t find anything else to do. For me, and I think lots of others, rooting for the underdog is what makes the tourney special and exciting.

3 Likes