X tweets on Coogsfans

When is it going to change back to when we could see the tweet with the link on coogfans?

Ive noticed other websites have it still.

4 Likes

It makes a world’s difference.

It’s every board that uses this software from what we can tell.

I asked X’s Grok “why don’t x links show content on other sites” and it lamely replied:

The reason why X links don’t show content on other sites is due to the platform’s link suppression policy. This policy restricts the preview and content of X links when shared on other platforms, which can make it difficult for users to understand what the link is about without clicking on it.

Some users have criticized this policy, as it can discourage sharing high-quality content and reduce the usefulness of X for content sharing. However, the platform may have implemented this policy to encourage more engagement within the platform itself. (bold added)

IMO, they implemented this to bring clicks to X as the last sentence indicates — if you want to see a link you have to visit X.

It’s a Musk enhancement

1 Like

I’ve been trying to fix this on the backend every time I take a peek at it. It’s some stupid thing with this software updating and X updating. X has started to lock out people NOT using the site (no account) so you can’t view links or content.