Yall want to talk about maternity leave

You dudes think its funny?
4 Likes

5 months

2 Likes

Nope. Not funny. Also wondering why this is a federal gov’t issue? Plenty of employers offer maternity AND paternity leave even without a national policy. The federal government is not the answer for everything.

5 Likes

I think it should be

1 Like

I changed topics dude. You do care about actually moms and their children? You know what happens after birth is more important?

It’s not funny.

Is it a money thing?

Also, people like Travelingcoog

‘we can’t hire people for these wages and benefits
people must not want to work anymore
’

Disagree with these things too ?

The Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) establishes minimum wage, overtime pay, recordkeeping, and youth employment standards affecting employees in the private sector and in Federal, State, and local governments.**Covered nonexempt workers are entitled to a minimum wage of not less than $7.25 per hour effective July 24, 2009. Overtime pay at a rate not less than one and one-half times the regular rate of pay is required after 40 hours of work in a workweek.

How much time do you need off? Should dudes get 6 months off too?

2 Likes

Life is beautiful!

1 Like

Until money is involved

2 Likes

Is what a money thing?

2 Likes

Yes, I am against a federal minimum wage. Why is it needed? All states have their own minimum wage. Last I looked 30 of them were more than the federal minimum wage. I also believe in letting the market set the wages.

2 Likes

To set a baseline.

The compnay I work for grants 2 months for the primary caregiver, one month for the secondary caregiver, at all full salary. Seems like a pretty good deal.

1 Like

Thats great for a big company, what about small business. And the dude does not need to be off that long, maybe a week or two

1 Like

Yeah, can be tough on small business, for sure.

Also, secondary caregiver getting a month is actually growing on me. not only allowing time for bonding, but for both parents to get used to having a/ another child, to be around to help and hopefully stave off postpartum issues (assuming secondary is a guy, which isn’t always the case)
grand scheme of things, if I have to choose between making stronger families by giving an extra two weeks, or having them struggle and be distracted
go ahead. Take the time. Bond. Help your child.

1 Like

Agree. I got to take 2 weeks off when my son was born. We didn’t have a policy for it. My boss just said “do it”. It worked out great. My wife needed the help. She got an infection.

1 Like

The baseline should be 0 from the federal level.

3 Likes