You can see the regret in Tom Herman's eyes when asked about Houston

Tom Herman? Never heard of her.

1 Like

As long as they don’t twitch. If they do, we really know what’s going on!

I don’t think he would have lasted long at UH either unless he was willing to give up on that offense. That offense is TERRIBLE–it’s predicated on running (with a super human QB) and ball control.

1 Like

If a kid can say Equanimeous they are half way thru learning at least 3 foreign languages.

3 Likes

The eyes are the windows to the soul, and that self-promoter has no soul, so his eyes tell one nothing.

Watch his eyelids.

6 Likes

USC has talent but their overrated. They don’t deserve to be ranked given their performances the first two games. They really struggled with UNLV through 3 quarters and only put up 3 points against Stanford
 3 freakin’ points! Imagine the talk here if UH scored only 3 points. That tells me there’s a good chance Orlando holds their weak offense in check. Then again, the Texas’ offense is horrible, and I don’t see that changing until Herman recruits a dual-threat QB in the mold of Ward Jr.

1 Like

As much as I hate to say it, I still believe Herman will be successful in Austin. But I do think he is having major issues with players buying into his shtick that worked really well at UH. He came over here fresh off winning the championship with Ohio State. His whole theme was this talk of brotherhood, kissing his players on the cheek and the players handing their hearts and all their effort over to him and his staff. I’m just not sure the kids who play for the Longhorns are into that.

3 Likes

He came here talking about brotherhood, trust, team, and then left really DURING his second year. Everyone saw that.

3 Likes

But, but, but, he said Orlando made chicken salad out of chicken s

The LPM is out in full force https://sports.yahoo.com/whats-wrong-texas-football-heres-inside-look-tom-hermans-tall-order-turnaround-061749873.html

3 Likes

Tom Judas Herman

2 Likes

I heard someone on the radio call the USC-Texas game a classic rock concert. Big names that don’t sound like they used to.

They likened it to a Foreigner/Journey concert in 2018.

5 Likes

No Steve Perry or Lou Graham !! :grin:

They have a dual threat, they just don’t turn him loose. Also he needs a competent OC. It will likely be Kingsbury.

1 Like

me too.

herman has a good offensive mind and he’s getting top recruit classes; just a matter of time.

1 Like

Herman’s “good offensive mind” landed him Tim Beck and the OSU offense. That’s the first thing that needs to go if austin is going to have a turnaround. It just can’t score enough points, it’s built for 5-7 minute drives that last 9 plays.

He always said there are a lot of coaches that can teach cover 2. Its about building a culture.

He can’t change the culture in Austin.

This is a very good point and one I hadn’t thought of before. If Kingsbury finds himself out of a job after this year, Herman should absolutely go after him. Might just help save his job and let us keep Briles a little longer.

3 Likes

As as UT and UH grad, that is precisely what I’m hoping for.

I don’t see Herman bringing someone in to do his own thing. He will want a hand in the offense. JMO.

6 Likes

Agree with rtcoog. Herman’s ego will not allow him to abandon “his offense” and bring in an air raid disciple (Kliff Kingsubry).

Go Coogs. Peace.

1 Like