You're Jim Crane, the off-season is here...go!

You’re The Man, what ya changing moving forward…

Mine, in no order
a) I LOVE Dusty, have since was kid following those early 70’s Braves with Hank, Dusty, Knucksie, Evans etc…BUT…there comes a time…move him into Advisory role if he chooses to step away

b) Offer Maldy a player/coach position if he wants to stay. It’s not common these days but was bitd. He could be a heck of a teacher but Diaz has got to be the everyday C

c) Know this shows my NL upbringing but I need some speed on this club…slogging around waiting on the 3 run bomb can’t work all the time… situational baseball baby…speed kills

d) I know won’t be a popular opinion, but I am moving King Tuck before have to pay the big long term big $$$…love him but he’s not a crunch time $ player…his playoff numbers are abysmal. Should be able to get some very good talent for him

e) Any chance of getting Strom back with Dusty gone ?

f) Since I am dreaming, I’d LOVE a stud CF and more arms

Pollard, what we got on the Farm as I haven’t really kept up much this season

2 Likes

I DO NOT keep up much with baseball til the season ends and playoffs begin so keep the bashing to a minimum please what about a Hinch reunion or did he piggyback more off of Luhnow?

I’ll give a more comprehensive post when I have time but your take on Tucker has been shared by several of us last week I think.

I don’t remember what “baseball” guy it was but they were saying Tucker was going to ask for 10 and 350!

No freaking way.

And we know even if he is incredible the next two years that JC is not paying that….trade value at an all-time high now….just make sure that one of the players coming back is a top 100 outfielder since we lost our top two in the JV trade.

Melton is probably the top outfielder right now….he will spend the year at AA and hopefully finish at AAA if everything goes well.

More on the minors soon.

2 Likes

I know it’s unprecedented but Crane should release a statement that Dusty will not be renewed and Maldy won’t be back.

Go on a week vacation and turn the phone off. Let that percolate for about 10 days without saying anything to anyone.

Consider it a calling card about multiple levels of management standing by while this was going on.

After that I’d let the baseball minds sort it out with a newfound understanding that it won’t fly in the future.

1 Like

Dusty is retiring so new manager coming….based on the psychology of this team, losing at home disappearing offense at times….i’m thinking hire ted lasso
I keep maldy but make diaz no 1 , i put maldy on a diet too, his numbers might improve if he could actually run
hire new hitting coach keep pitching coach
have to unload some pitchers with garcia and mcuellers coming back off injury
keep brantley, trade tuck

1 Like

If I’m Crane, I’m hoping Dusty makes the decision to step away so I don’t have to make it for him. I would only bring Maldy back in a coach’s role. He just doesn’t bring enough to the table but his big belly. Brantley should not be resigned. Trading Tucker makes a lot of sense too. Starting pitching is also a concern. Valdez became a head case so not sure what they have with him now. He is not an ace. I also think Joe Espada has the inside track to be the next manager.

3 Likes

Don’t need Ted Lasso….this team needs Roy Kent.

You think Tucker is out there lolly gagging around if Roy Kent is in the dugout?

How about striking out and then turn around and start heading for the dugout when the ball has gotten away from the catcher?

I don’t think so.

1 Like

The athletic reported dusty was retiring yesterday so who comes in and who goes out of this team. Idk.

We need consistent hitters. There’s 2 guys on the team that I just don’t feel they should be on the team that don’t hit well. Everything else is fine.

Your “ big belly “ comment was funny……this guy gained weight during the actual season….when Maldy retires he is going to swell up quick when he retires.

2 Likes

Maldonado does not need to be here next year, not even on a minimum contract, which he wouldn’t do anyway.

If he’s here, the pitchers who “have” to have him behind the plate might ask for him- that can’t even be an option. As I’ve mentioned before (not sure if it was on this board), these pitchers make millions of dollars- they can learn to pitch with Diaz behind the plate.

2 Likes

Would like to sign these FA Hader, Snell, and Gurriel Jr.

3 Likes

This is why Crane needs to be the one that cuts Maldonado. I know it’s a rarity but that’s the only way everyone gets the message. The pitchers, the coaches, assistant GM, GM, fans, media, etc.

If you let Maldonado stick around he could turn toxic.

Crane needs to let everyone know from Brown down to the Cheeto-eating bat boy in Farmington, NM that we won’t finish another season hamstrung by our own decisions.

1 Like

Heard some rumblings about Stros making run at Gurriel, he’d be a nice addition in LF. Just turned 30 and coming off a $5.8M contract year…interesting. He’ll get a 3-5 yr deal in $12-15M per range. He’s heck of a OF, bit of a streaky hitter

2 Likes

I’d take him because he’s a better fielder that Brantley at his age and condition. But only Crane and Brown know how much they can spend.

1 Like

Tucker had a bad post season this year but he has hit 30 HRs the last 3 years and has won a gold glove.

He is a good ballplayer. You can do a lot worse in RF than Kyle Tucker.

1 Like

Does Gurriel have consistent power? If they could sign Hader, that would be great.

That’s true, but you can do a lot better than him as a leader and franchise cornerstone.

I’ll give him a break if there was something going on besides just moping around for whatever reason. Otherwise, his whole postseason act is a detriment to this team - you just can’t have that on a winning team.

2 Likes

30-30 125 RBI’s

Mid-season he was my franchise candidate. But look at where we are in the pen, starters, and age. I prefer not lose Bregman, especially when his replacement is a couple of years off. Brown may not have a tradable star with power for a long time. Alvarez will die an Astro. Ditto Altuve. And maybe Bregman.

I think Tucker might want to go home to Florida.

1 Like

I’m going to stir the pot here. Is it possible Crane could bring AJ back? After all, he does have unfinished business. That would really throw MLB for a loop!

1 Like

Tucker did not look like a player who was happy to be there. Lack of hustle a few times and just a negative demeanor. A change might be good for all.

4 Likes