#2 seed?

Committee always has few variables on paper going into final day of games. Imo they definitely have few options in front of them today based on today Conf Finals results. Just won’t be any major movements from what’s already been decided. #GoCoogs

We should be a #1 seed according to Net. So we are a #1.

2 Likes

I think we needed Michigan to lose early. I think they have done enough to lock up that last two even if they lose to Michigan state.

Tennessee is a lock for a two at worst as well.

We will be a three seed. But we will be in Tulsa. If not I want an fbi investigation.

2 Likes

So should we just rest our players and forfeit the game since there is no upside in beating Cincy :sunglasses:

The committee has not made that decision. ESPN has. Right now we are a #1.

4 Likes

People tend to forget that UH has the best record in the NATION!!!

3 Likes

Yes they forget, and try to push us aside, as if our wins are irrelevant. ESPN DO NOT give us credit, but hold us to a #3 seed, no matter who we beat. The people pick up their talking point and speak the same thing. We could be 32-2 after today. Net has us rank as a #1 seed. Who else can overtake us.

2 Likes

There’s zero chance we’re a one seed. Maybe a 5% chance were a 2 seed.

ehoops. Wrong reply.

Nah. No harm winning tournament games. It’s good practice for the real deal.

If TSU or some other mid major was 32-1 or 33-0 without playing a tough schedule should they be seeded ahead of us?

Who you play should absolutely matter. We played a solid but unspectacular schedule.

1 Like

Truth can hurt. But its truth. We are a #1 Seed according to Net. Speak the truth. If we finished 32-2 that would be the best winning record in college basketball. Speak the truth.

1 Like

We are not TSU. We are Houston. ASK LSU, Oregon, Utah State, CIN, UC, Temple. UCF, these are no puff puff teams.

2 Likes

Ya that!

Agreed. I think a 2 would have been on the line if Michigan had lost yesterday but I think we are a 3 now regardless.

Except RPI was never used like that and NET never will be either. The committee also uses BPI, Kenpom and Sagarin. We’re the lowest 3 seed in BPI, a 4 seed in Kenpom and a 5 seed in Sagarin. I’m guessing you are okay not just using those as a formula though, right?

4 Likes

Why? Why should Michigan Be ahead of us? Is it because the Lazy do nohome work AP say so. Is it the money first ESPN say so? We are Houston the best record in college basketball. Other than Duke, who has Goz beat. When Nevada was rank ahead of us, who did they beat?

1 Like

Bracketmatrix has UH the highest 3 seed now fwiw.

http://www.bracketmatrix.com

3 ACC, 2 SEC, 2 Big10, & Gonzaga in front of us.

Settle in with a 3 seed and a chip on our shoulders now.

If St Louis, Oregon, & Utah St win their conference tournaments, and UH wins today, it’s going to be tough to ignored UH for a number #2 seed. LSU won their regular season conference title and had a good record. LSU lost a very closed game without their HC against Florida. UH would of have beaten Cincy three times this season (3-0) also. That’s hard.

At least we don’t have to worry about being in the bubble like Temple, we’re trying to find out which seed UH will get, a 2 or 3. Plus, the other interesting tidbits. A Selection Sunday viewing party, game and discussion should be really good later on today :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Yeah we’re a one seed in NET and our hearts. We won’t be at 5pm though settle in with that and let’s have big chips on our shoulder.

We are going to make them look stupid, again.

1 Like