#2 seed?

Honestly what difference does it make between being a 2 or a 3? There is a difference between being a 2 or a 1 or a 3 and a 4. But 2’s and 3’s are the same seed.

4 Likes

He has tremendous upside and looks to have the right attitude to put in the work and realize it. The challenge for him and Jarreau will be playing more minutes and maintaining their level of play.

After this year’s result in the tournament we will be a “big name”. We have been before.

This will make a difference in the teams that will schedule UH home and home. Lots of upper quartile P5 teams will schedule UH as an attraction on their home schedule now. UH will also have the chance to play in some big neutral court games with a strong tournament run.

1 Like

Pretty sure you are wrong that we have “no chance”, but you never know with the committee. If you are going by “talking heads” and “bracketologists” overall, we are 10th overall right now and would just need to pass LSU and Michigan to move up to a #2 (see bracket matrix below). We should pass LSU by winning the tourney, though Cincy as our finals opponent rather than WSU would help a lot. Michigan losing to Minnesota today would really help. I’m not sure if we can pass them if they just lose to MSU in the B10 finals, but maybe.

We also don’t need FSU or possibly Kansas to catch us from behind. I doubt Kansas would, but FSU would if they beat Duke.

But honestly, as long as we get Tulsa, I’d rather be a 3 in Gonzaga’s or Virginia’s region than a #2 in Duke’s or UNC’s (assuming they get a 1 over Kentucky).

http://www.bracketmatrix.com/

1 Like

In 2017, Akron beat us in the NIT first round. So now we are complaining we may not be a #2 seed when just two years ago we were miffed about being snubbed by the NCAA selection committee. Fans…

2 Likes

If Houston goes 32-2 and don’t get a #1 seed we should have a grip. Come on man who are they kidding, that would be the best record in any conference. We would have a top 4 net. If the committee is going by Net, then seed us as a #1.

2 Likes

NET is a factor, that is all. If it was the only criteria, we wouldn’t need a selection committee. Win/loss record is also a factor, but not the only criteria. I don’t see any logical reason to give us a 1 seed. We may have a top 4 NET, but we don’t play the gauntlet like a Duke or UNC. I do believe however, that we can make a strong argument for a 2 if we win the AAC tourney. I will not jump off the nearest tall building if we are a 3. I just love that we are dancing in consecutive years for the first time in a looooong time.

Net is a huge factor. Wins are a huge factor. Houston has both. We have a team than can beat any team in the country. Conference title is a factor. Health is a factor. Coach is a factor. Houston has A+ all over them. What are you looking for. Competition is a factor. We beat Cinn twice, LSU, Oregon, Utah State, UCF and other. Give us our dues man. I am glad some of you are not on the committee.

3 Likes

Wow! All of this because I don’t think we will be a 1 seed? LOL. I do think LSU needs to be dropped due to the scandal if not outright excluded from the dance. The committee has been consistent over the years in giving more weight to how you finish compared to how you start. They don’t look at your coach to decide seedlings.

If Kentucky is a one seed I want to be in their bracket.

2 Likes

Are you kidding? They are very young but they are very athletic and shoot the ball well. That said, I don’t think we would back down…

1 Like

Sounds good to me.

1 Like

This is the most sane statement regarding the selection and seeding process that I have seen out of several hundred posts. Multiple factors involved. Multiple people with different opinions about all of those different factors. It’s like trying to form a coalition government when 16 parties have seats in Parliament. Argue and compromise. Sometimes being the tallest midget is enough.

1 Like

The difference could be in sweet 16 opponent. As a #2 seed we would at least have the possibility of being paired up with Purdue, Kansas, TTU, LSU, or FSU who are all good but flawed teams as we’ve seen. As a #3 seed it would be Tennessee, UNC, MSU, or Michigan who are all a notch better. Now we could get one of those teams anyways if we get bumped up to a #2 and they get bumped down but I’ll take Purdue or TTU all day over Tenn or UNC. Just an observation, pretty much everything else is the same. Also the odds go up quite a bit from #2 to #3 seeds. It’s about a 10% swing for the first round and a 20% difference for making the elite 8

Not scared of Tennessee, Kentucky, UNC, Duke, Gonzaga, Michigan …etc. Onky ines that scare me are the Refs.

3 Likes

We are now the top seed on the 3 line, solidly ahead of LSU, Texas Tech and Florida State.

http://www.bracketmatrix.com

Could we make it to a #2 seed with a Tennessee loss to Auburn, or perhaps jump the loser is of Michigan and Michigan State?

Or will the committee value NET rankings enough to get us over the line?

If Michigan loses, we’re in 2nd seed no doubt! That’s if UH beats Cincy. If Tenn. loses to a good Auburn team, it will get pretty interesting.

4 Likes

I hope that we are either a 2 or that Michigan is the weakest 2 and UH is the strongest 3 and we are matched up via the S-Curve. We are better than that team…again. Revenge!!!

6 Likes

I think seeds are set, I don’t think games today will have any bearing we are locked in whether that is a 2 or 3 already

3 Likes