20 Memphis Players Test Positive - Game Postponed

At minimum, the AAC needs to set minimum guidelines for cancelling a game. You cannot simply allow a school like Memphis to screw over another school because they don’t want to play. If you meet the criteria (like the Big 12 states), you either play or forfeit.

7 Likes

I would be surprised if the AAC does not have this already, Aresco tends to be detail oriented with these procedural Items

What makes you assert that ?
What procedures ???

1 Like

I will apologize to him when he publicly apologizes for the hit jobs he has done in the last several months.

7 Likes

Would we feel safe playing a team that has at least 20 infected players…even if those players quarantine…i think there is a good chance there would be more players who have it that would be playing.

2 Likes

I’d feel safe if we knew that gameday quick response testing, of the type that the Big 12 plans to implement, is conducted, and all participating players come back negative.

That’s what I suggested above.

1 Like

The thing is, you dont want to be playing idiots like that…They will end up infecting teams they play…They have already demonstrated they have ZERO discipline and intelligence about the virus situation. I think they should be forced to forfeit, it is a shame our league has no penalty for something like this…

8 Likes

I think that would probably be the best for the league over all…any team that has X number of cases really shouldn’t be playing any more…putting that rule in effect is the best chance of having a decent number of teams actually make it through the season…

We need to take these learnings and apply them to basketball.

1 Like

All it would take is for the commish to make a directive, play or forfiet – or just forfiet. He could do a teleconference with AAC presidents or AD’s and get it approved if necessary.

All of this makes sense. What doesn’t make sense is forcing one team to pay for the mistakes of another team. I guess we will have to wait and see what happens.

5 Likes

https://mobile.twitter.com/Joseph_Duarte/status/1304541281293656064

Back to my competitive advantage post above.

2 Likes

This season is all about building for the future and to stop embarrassing our program on national TV so that recruiting can get better. So if UCF and Cincy could cancel for whatever reason too yeah that’d be great.

1 Like

Waiting to see how many players will be infected after the Miami game last night.

1 Like

Let’s not get people in a panic so maybe they want to just downplay the virus.

5 Likes

UH needs to reschedule the game and hopefully find a replacement.

If the players caught it on a “party bus”, whatever that is, the school should still have to play the game on the 18th but without the infected players.

6 Likes

I am sure the coach and AD are not happy with the players either because it impacts a potential home game. I bet the coach will have them running when they get healthy if this is true.

The right thing would have been to apologize to Forum for bashing of Duarte. Instead you double down and say he got lucky. I’ve been reading and following Duarte since late 90s when he was Chron Beat Writer for Astros and he has never been one to want to be first to get story out. He’s very much the other way and will get 2-3 confirmation b4 putting something out there.
The hate and disgust people show to others is what’s wrong in this Country. Most cases they have no idea what he/she is about and how they live their lives, only that they don’t agree with their views or how they went about certain issue.
Long long way to go in our Society!!!

9 Likes

He doesn’t work that way!!

1 Like