20 Memphis Players Test Positive - Game Postponed

IDIOTS.

1 Like

Might as well live it up before facing the Coogs. I don’t blame them. We were going to run all over them! :sunglasses:

1 Like

Listen to this. Very interesting details.

1 Like

Where does the line form to apologize to Joseph Duarte? :laughing:

32 Likes

This is pretty infuriating. AAC needs to get it together and implement a forfeit rule. This is unacceptable, and UH is the victim in this situation.

3 Likes

you serious…?

there have been many, many games get postponed already due to covid outbreaks.

Couldn’t Memphis play with the players they have left? Assume they have up to 100 on the team including walk-ons.

4 Likes

Of course I’m serious. The Big 12 created a plan where teams would have to play if they had certain amount of players total and at each position. I think it was 53 plus a QB, 5 OL and 3 DL. You can’t simply allow teams, like Memphis, to go out and party and put everyone in danger plus cancel the game simply because they lose several players due to team misbehavior.

6 Likes

nowhere lol we still don know were he got the story from, or who actually broke the story…he didnt verify himself or state it was unverified at the moment… it worked out now, but that is just flinging things on the wall and hoping it stays in a very panicked environment is still irresponsible

According to the recording posted by JDCourgar, most of the players affected are on defense. It sounds like they may not have enough players on defense or they could play freshmen.

Memphis could play. They aren’t going to want to play, but 20 players shouldn’t shut down a team. If a LB has to line up at DE, then that is the price you pay.

On another note, I hope that none of the players affected develop complications and are able to return in a couple of weeks to practice and playing.

3 Likes

If Memphis wants to postpone the game, make them come to Houston. Our administration should fight for that.

6 Likes

I’m down with that. But putting out unverified info without so stating is irresponsible in my opinion. The truth will come out, but this kind of journalism creates wild speculation.

1 Like

You mean like we had to do last year without COVID?

11 Likes

Keep grinding that ax, @pesik.

8 Likes

2020 continues to define “from bad to worse”.

2 Likes

I don’t think any of this was unexpected.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/GaryParrishCBS/status/1304520026783985665?s=20

The problem is Memphis gets a competitive advantage if it gets postponed.

Next problem is we won’t get a game in until the week after unless we move up the Tulane game.

Next is this game will get cancelled. They have to isolate 10 days for positive and 14 for contact tracing according to AAC rules.

We also don’t have a minimum amount of people we HAVE to field according to AAC rules so if they don’t want to forfeit or play they don’t have to.

“Party Bus Gate” is going to be one of those things. The Memphis radio station says well they’re kids and in college and I understand that because I’m still young enough to go to clubs and bars and parties but the guys have a responsibility especially if they protest to let them play. Someone on that bus wasnt affiliated with the team and had covid. I don’t think it was just their teammates but it’s all speculation at this point.

This was avoidable , it wasn’t a class activity or football activity. It was a party. The league need to make Memphis an example .Punish them to the hilt ; forfeit the Houston game with considerable fines. They not only put their own players at risk but the other players in the league.

5 Likes