2015 Peach Bowl on Tonight - 6pm

Gawd…I had forgotten that tidbit…what a Monster Game…

1 Like

You mean Charlie Ward?

No Sir, Warrick Dunn, not Charlie Ward.

Has everyone heard the story of Elandon Roberts and the D seeing Cook on the streets of Atlanta. Beyond salty

1 Like

Warrick Dunn, while being a good player in his own right, wasn’t a Heisman trophy winner.

1 Like

My mistake on the Heisman part, but He was the honoray Captain in that 2015 peachbowl for Fla State.

this was a helluva game…Memphis game.

(21) Memphis vs (24) Houston Full game Week 11 College Football 2015 14.11.2015 - YouTube

2 Likes

Houston @ UT - 1988 quality video and sometimes announcers isn’t synced with video but what a game.
66-15 is why UT will never let UH in the B12 or any P5.

3 Likes

I don’t recall said story about Roberts and Cook.

Wish i could find the article, Roberts own words are great. Basically Elandon and the D had been hearing all week about how Cook would run over UH. The night before the game on the streets of Atlanta, Roberts spots Cook across the way and stares him down, his word is “mug”. It sounded like what Tyson would do pre fight and basically Cook was not up to the challenge and Roberts and the D knew they would shut him down the next day.

4 Likes

At that game in person. We invited the father in law for that one, and my wife’s Sister and brother in law. Also, we rode the MetroRail for the first time to UH. Unbelievable game…that is the “Postma Game” for me. He was our Frank Reich…what a come from behind victory!

2 Likes

We were at the game, sitting with the Kamas’ and the Bakers. Grown men (me too) weeping tears of joy after the game as the ticker tape came down from the rafters…
Tillman was getting on the elevator at the Omni (the semi-private one…), and I shouted over to him “Thanks Tillman !!!”
He shouted back “There are lots of people to thank…”
I shouted back “Not from where I’m standing!”
:smiley:

2 Likes