2018 UH Bowl Projections Thread

Armed Forces vs. Kansas State

I just want to be in the race at the end of the season for the AAC. If we are in the AAC title game, I call that a victory. The NY6 may be beyond our control.

5 Likes

Guy does’t know what he is talking about. He has UH playing in the Armed Forces Bowl against K State. First of all, we will be in the Fiesta Bowl on Jan 1 and K State will not be bowl eligible at 3 - 8. Their only win in the B12 will be over UT.

3 Likes

I don’t get the arguments for Boise making a NY6 over the AAC champ. I’m thinking the only way that happens is if the AAC champ is a 2-loss team and Boise only has 1 loss or is undefeated. I can almost guarantee a 1-loss AAC champ will be ranked higher than any MWC champ unless the MWC champ is undefeated. And Boise isn’t going undefeated this year.

3 Likes

I would not playing Kansas State in the Armed Forces bowl although I thought that at least one armed forces team is supposed to be in that bowl.

Again, these people get paid for their guesses !!

It’s based on the highest ranked G5 conference champ. We can control our destiny by winning the conference but men behind the curtain rank the teams. No control over that.

In 2015 it was UH vs Pitt so have an academy team is not required.

1 Like

Boise has street cred they have earned through the years. A one loss Boise is more likely to make a NY6 bowl than any other one loss MWC champ. It is the bias of humans deciding these things (see Bama and tOSU.)

The good news is we (AAC) have street cred as an entire conference, not just one team like the MWC. But if the best record for a G5 conference champ is anyone in the AAC and Boise, it should be very close and controversial.

1 Like