2019 Astros - The Playoffs

Mattress Mac is all in on 'Stros.

“The bet, at +220 odds, would pay a net $7.7 million if the Astros — the American League’s No. 1 seed — win the World Series.”

1 Like

I hope that they can block out all of the noise and expectations and just go have fun and play ball.

2 Likes

He’s hedging against his Gallery Furniture promotion.

4 Likes

True, and if they win, Mack won’t lose anything. New furniture for all who participated and 3.5 mil extra for Mack!

1 Like

If they win, Mack has to refund a lot of money to customers.

True…but betting another 3.5 mill could break even, or add more to himself.

1 Like

Essentially he is using his bets on the Astros as insurance against his refunds. Downside is he is putting so much money on the Stros there may be a lot of books out there that have a vested in interest in making sure the Astros lose.

I love ‘Crawfish Boxes’ a solid read daily.

1 Like

This should be a challenging series. The Rays have very good pitching. I’m glad that we have home field advantage.

2 Likes

Its on…

CDH is sitting in TF seats at the Astros game right now. Not wearing Red or Orange!
Did we hire the right guy? :face_with_monocle: I jest…

2 Likes

Altuve w a clutch HR and a huge error on a pop up.
Stros 4-0 in the 7th. 2 SBs tonight.

Go Stros.

1 Like

Nice win. Stros play the late game tomorrow.
8:07pm Central

1 Like

We HAVE to take care of business tomorrow.

1 Like

Now THAT was stressful…
Stros 2-0.

I’ll be at the next game.

I go to most friday home Rays games (Tickets are only $7) but this will be a whole different experience.

3 Likes

I want to head up to MMP for the Watch Party, but the game starts at noon and I have somewhere else to be. Sucks as they’re giving away Greinke jerseys.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/MarkBermanFox26/status/1180644411295715328?s=20
https://twitter.com/UHCougarMBK/status/1180636963507978240?s=20

1 Like

Im jealous. Have a blast!

-Hopefully Stros close it out tomorrow.

-The idea of a Montreal/Tampa split season for the Rays seems absurd but starting to move toward reality.

"Now the Rays are in a similar situation with owner Stu Sternberg proposing a radical new plan that would split the season between Montreal and Tampa Bay. Is it possible the Rays have a franchise-defining moment like that in front of sold-out crowds at Tropicana Field Monday and Tuesday?

“I think the damage has been done. I don’t think a few more thousand people for a couple of games against Houston is going to make any difference in Stu’s mind,’’ prospective Montreal partner Stephen Bronfman said on Mitch Melnick’s Montreal radio show this week. “They have a broken situation. They know they have to fix it, Major League Baseball knows they have to fix it, and we’re working on the fix.’’

1 Like