2019 Astros - The Playoffs

By split season, meaning half of the home games in Tampa and half in Montreal? (I’m too lazy to read the article)

That gets you two markets, but what happens in the playoffs? If I was one town adn didnt’ get any playoff games I’d be pissed.

1 Like

My goodness. I wonder what our numbers are with runners in scoring position during this series. They can’t be good. We could have put up really big leads against these guys. I guess that’s a testament to the Rays pitching though.

2 Likes

Dang. I’m not a fan of playoff Greinke. We gave up some quality prospects for him too. I hope that the bats wake up.

1 Like

We just need Verlander to be just as good today. If he is, then one run could be enough.

GO 'STROS!!!

1 Like

It’d be real nice if Springer could maybe get a hit, also.

2 Likes

Like the decision to go with Verlander today…no point in not throwing him on short rest. If we lose, Cole goes in Game 5 at home and you start Greinke against the Yankees with Verlander in Game 2 on regular rest and Cole in Game 3. If you win, Cole goes Game 1 in the ALCS and Verlander goes in Game 2 on regular rest.

Rays are going with a bullpen day, but they have the best bullpen in baseball. Bats need to get going.

2 Likes

Soon as Miley came in, I knew we were through. I don’t want to see Wade Miley through the remainder of the playoffs. He gave up 4 points singlehandedly in less than 1 inning. It was 5 to 1 before he did that!

1 Like

I have a feeling Miley will only be used in long relief. I think Urquidy will be the 4th starter in the next round based on how he looked at the end of the season compared to Miley.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/MarkBermanFox26/status/1181252021845929990?s=20

2 Likes

WIth the way Reddick is batting, I would like to see Hinch try Marisnick in CF (batting in his place), Springer in RF and Brantley in LF.

1 Like

I was not in favor of pitching Verlander on short rest, and my fears came true.

I read that Verlander had never pitched on such short rest in his career. I thought they should go with the regular rotation, regular rest. Why change what’s been a good thing?

I didn’t get to see the game but from what I heard Verlander was not sharp. I hope there are no ramifications the rest of the way with his arm.

Home field advantage is huge, it better pay off tomorrow!!!

1 Like

He was off, it happens. Astros staff still only gave up 4 runs; pitching wasn’t the issue.

Hopefully the bats return tomorrow. At least we have Cole going on regular rest.

3 Likes

The bats have sucked this series. If the Stros are eliminated it will be because of them not showing up.

4 Likes

I was concerned about the way the first game in Tampa went, but yesterday only made my concern worse. I am not sure the Astros can close this out. I really didn’t want to play the Rays and was hoping New York would finish with the best record. They gave the Yankees problems as well. (This series remind me of last years Red Sox. The Astros better explode them bats early or we will be sitting home watching Rays/ Yankees…BTW, Morton will be used tomorrow…better knock every pitch out of park.

1 Like

Thought the choice to go with JV was one of the worst calls seen in long time. He’s an older power pitcher that has never started on 3 days rest and has only thrown once in his entire career on 3 days. BUT…the issue is the bats. 11-66 .196 bavg with 21k’s and just 5xbh in last 2 games is the issue.

Rays remind me of '17 Stros

2 Likes

They need to get their swagger back. They have lost it. I think it’s mental right now. Although a couple hard hit balls were right at Choi yesterday and could have changed the game. It just feels like the Rays have all the momentum and have had the bounces go their way and that’s recipe for success in the playoffs. It feels like when we played Boston last year. I’m glad they’re at home tomorrow. That place will be rocking.

1 Like

Gerritt Cole is a stud.

I like the setup for the Yankees series. Greinke in Games 1/5, Verlander in Games 2/6, Cole in Games 3/7, Urquidy/Miley in Game 4.

4 Likes

Man, I am glad they pulled it out.

2 Likes

Just hope Greinke is better this series than last. He had a good season, but until he has a good performance I won’t have the taste of game 3 out of my mouth.

2 Likes