2020 offers

Awesome!!! This kid wants to play center. Backtracking to a 4 star sounds great.

1 Like

Iā€™m pretty sure that CKS and staff are giving it their best effort if they want him. I also assume they want him if they offered. Do we have enough 'ships for both Smith and Gibson? Yes, I am greedy.

1 Like

Nice. Thatā€™s a legit list of teams interested in picking him up as a transfer.

https://cbbtoday.com/now/houston-cougars-snag-official-visit-with-2019-4-star-forward-tyreek-smith/

2 Likes

@pesik was out here panicking after losing out on Ledeeā€¦ Lol.

If CKS lands him, that would leave UH with one ship available at the momentā€¦

I expect Sampson, staff, facilites and campus to blow him away.

Yepā€¦ We beat out some big time programs for that VISIT!

Lets see, he swatted the ball over the stands. What else do we need to know about his skillset?

3* 6ā€™9" C Kiyron Powell from Evansville, IN - Has offers Creighton, MTSU, Georgetown, Xavier, Kansas State, Evansville, New Orleans and Miami (OH)

https://twitter.com/KHoops9/status/1124447659262132224

But as he continues to expand his game to the perimeter and beyond, his collegiate possibilities will grow, as well. Creighton University became the eighth Division I school to offer the 6-10 Bosse High School junior a scholarship on Wednesday. The number grew to nine when Houston offered on Friday.

ā€œIt means a lot, but I donā€™t try to worry about the number (nine),ā€ Powell said. ā€œAt the end of the day you can choose only one school. I have to choose the one that fits me.

1 Like

Sounds like a great kid with a really good outlook and a desire to succeed even though heā€™s been dealt a bad hand. Would love it if he was a Coog.

4 Likes

https://twitter.com/AyalewAdam/status/1124513734024749056

michigan just lost its head coach ā€¦who was seen as the favorite for peavy

note Michigan also has a top 50 6ā€™8 recruit who could decommit who is from Texas

With Tyreekā€™s TT commitment. We retain 2 open scholarships for the 2020 class. Hopefully one of the three Pgā€™s (Cryer, Shead, Beekman). Interested to see which of the 3 it is and who the other commit will be. We should know these answers by 2nd week of August. Fun fact: Past 2 years a player has commited the first week of August on their visit to Houston.

3 Likes

Peavy can shock everyone and commit to Houston with Cryer. Manā€¦ Iā€™m not holding my breath on a big unless another ship opens up via someone leaving early.

i think the coaching staff expects more than 2 ships to be availableā€¦and the non stop offers to PGs weā€™ve given out (which hasnt slowed down) makes me believe we intend to bring in 2ā€¦and then a stretch 4 with a 3rd ship

and a pg that i really like that is overlooked here (that we are in on) is jalen cookā€¦his measurement will likely keep him from being a top ranked recruit. but he was the lousiana gatorade player of the year/Mr lousiana in basketballā€¦he did 30pts per game in HS on a team that went to the state finals, and top 5 in scoring in the UA aau league (shooting 50% from 3)ā€¦on the #3 ranked teamā€¦

he is also a 4star WRā€¦he says if he decide to do basketball in college (will only do 1)ā€¦he has us, lsu and gtown as his top 3

I like Cookā€™s game. He is a tough kid that would fit well. His shooting has really come on this summer too.

1 Like

Peavy would be balls out a stud pickup. If we got Cryer too that would make for a gnarly, athletic backcourt. The kind that produces at UH.

2 Likes

Peavy will be top 25 McDonaldā€™s AA