2021 offers

Seems like Chuks recruitment has been pretty quiet overall. He has potential but his production hasn’t been there yet.

Interesting.

You would think a local kid with one offer and low production would accept immediately.

1 Like

It happens every year with a recruit or two that you say why is he not being recruited harder.

Yeah, I know Aidoo was a long shot. But man we can used someone like Doumbia.

In other news… The Pac 12 just cancelled their basketball season. Remember that graduate transfer UH wanted but decided to go to USC :flushed:

Too soon… too soon.

What was his name again?

You are kidding … What is the PAC12 doing? Do they consider this to be leadership?

They didnt cancel the entire season just play until 2021. Chavez Goodwin was his name if I remember correctly.

aT lEaSt YoU TrUsT sAmPsOn

I doubt we stop recruiting after 1. I can see us taking 2 bigs

2 Likes

So, if I have this correct, UH will have for certain three (3) open scholarship slots for 2021 - as Jarreau, Gresham and Gorham all graduate. Thomas and Walker have committed and there is strong suggestion that an Ashton Smith might commit to UH. While I would personally like to see Grimes, Mills and Sasser all remain for another year - I would think the odds are against that. So, in all likelihood, the 2021 class could include another newcomer. Any thoughts on who is most probable? [add in the return of Fabian White, Jr. -and 2021 shapes up to be another monster class, imho.]

1 Like

I feel like Grimes would be the fourth. He’s so close to becoming a monster…a consistent 20-21 season will skyrocket him up draft boards and I don’t think he can ignore that and come back for his senior season.

Personally, I hope Mills sticks around through his junior season. And I hope Sasser is a four year player.

Crazy to think that if Jarreau and Grimes have solid seasons, we could potentially be talking about two UH first round draft picks in the same NBA draft. Incredible!

2 Likes

I agree with all that - and this is just another exhibit in the case establishing the awesome accomplishment of Coach Sampson and staff. Right now - I just want there to be a basketball season this year - so many intriguing story lines to follow.

1 Like

Well…the NBA and NHL (and I think MLS) are proving that there can be safely-held seasons. If colleges are able to maintain safety measures, I think most teams should be able to play.

1 Like

MLB, NBA, and NHL are all back up and running, the MLS will be starting tonight (they already had a big tournament).

NWSL also held a championship tourney.

It CAN be done.

Deeky turning into a first rounder next year is pretty implausible unless he somehow completely rebuilt his shooting mechanics and became a knock down three point shooter.

He’s turning 23 next year so he would have to have a hyper-massive leap to where he makes an all-american team or something to move up that much. With his age there’s just going to be a big presumption against him for someone to use a first round pick.

With big, but somewhat more realistic improvements, maybe he could get into the second though.

2 Likes

Ya. First round for Dejon? He’d have to dramatically improve his three ball or mid range and his assist to turnover ratio.

He’s got the body and athleticism, no doubt to be a first rounder. As a huge fan, he’s not polished enough and his age will be a factor. Don’t care what Pesik says about that.

Undrafted with an invite to training camp. He will get opportunities if he improves.

1 Like

2nd round if he improves his j. Maybe be like Galen and shoot less from three as a senior to up your percentage :smiley:

Love Deeky as a Cougar but there is no way he will go in the first two rounds of the draft without a miracle season

3 Likes

dejon has nba measurable, nba handles, nba athleticism, nba passing… his turnover numbers arent good, but turnovers are barely ever used to discount players in the draft …his shot is the only thing in the way from him and the pros

dejon imo can easily be 2nd round if he can get his shot to atleast respectable and puts up decent numbers

1 Like

He has terrible shooting form and will play on a team that has shooters that can take up the slack.
I am rooting for him to go to the next level but I don’t see it right now

2 Likes

I think 2nd round is a stretch even if he improves his shooting.

NBA spots are soooooo limited.

I truly believe he’ll get opportunities though Bc of his measurables and Sampson.

He needs to really focus, get after it and ball out this year.

Kid has so much potential it’s crazy. I’m jealous tbh.