2021 offers

@RWcoog

Last weekend I watched the 1984 Houston vs Georgetown game. Before my time, and had never watched that one before.

That is exactly what we had with Akeem. Georgetown had multiple players that fit that profile with Ewing and a couple of others.

I also rewatched the Sweet 16 Kentucky game. Kentucky had multiple players that fit the profile that you describe.

I’m convinced that a highly skilled, physical traditional big man is what we need for us to get where we want to be (final four/natty).

I’m tempted to say…NBA caliber big man.

absoultely need a dominant big man, i have been saying that for quite awhile,

Big dollars!

Ewing was not the guy that killed in that game. While I do not remember that players name ( Graham)I think, I understand that he was playing on a Work Release program and returned to jail right after the tournament.

Par for course for a John Thompson team.

2 Likes

Yeah , I understood that the player (Graham) never earned a single credit hour at Georgetown. He more than likely never even attended any classes at Georgetown.

3 Likes

Had Drexler not left early we would have crushed that GT team. Just not enough horses and for some reason GuyV. stopped playing Cadillac as a freshman that season

We came our hot hot. I think we went 7/7 it was beautiful.

Akeem was so powerful and had amazing footwork. He was abusing Ewing down low at one point.

They don’t make those big men anymore - they all shoot threes now

I’ve seen Francis play a few times this season and he plays close to the basket and is aggressive. I didn’t see akeem like stuff yet but he’s decent.

If my memory serves me right, there was one SWC ref on the court. He called four of the five fouls that were called on Akeem that night.

And in no case did Akeem TOUCH the man he was guarding.

2 Likes

Top 4 for Ashton Smith

https://twitter.com/theashtonsm1th/status/1295808034095140864

2 Likes

We found our Center… Lol I’m jk.

247 just put in a crystal ball for Ashton to UH.

4 Likes

Syracuse Fansided Notes on Ashton Smith : ‘There’s a lot to like. He’s athletic and has a super-long wingspan, which is always enticing for the ‘Cuse 2-3 zone. Smith runs the court well, is a force around the rim, dunks with vigor, and possesses a nice, soft touch with his mid-range jumper.’

2 Likes

This is him putting in work in the lab.

Some highlights from the summer

https://twitter.com/takemytalent/status/1290145929161449474

He’s very strong. I can see him bringing Brison’s level of intensity on defense and rebounding.

Unranked though?

What is going on with the Chuks (7 footer) kid from Yates?

1 Like

Yeah unranked and only #6 in the city UH pretty much owns now.

1 Like

If he commits that means bye bye Doumbia or Adioo who are both 7 feet and pretty good at the Center position. I gUeSs I’vE gOtTa TrUsT cOaCh SaMpSoN.

Im thinking they aren’t sitting well with Doumbia or they want to bring in both. Seems like there has been a struggle to recruit these type of bigs. Without all the information it’s hard to really know. I know it would be nice to land Aidoo or Doumbia especially since they have went on all in on both.