2021 offers

Got some inside info??

1 Like

He just posted an Announcement tweet :slight_smile:

So he announced in his tweet to postpone his announcement tweet?
:man_facepalming:t2:

I don’t see a postponement. Tweet was 7 hours ago

So if they land Armbrester the staff must be expecting someone else to leave because they still need a big guy in this class.

Grimes foo

Do we? Fabian White, Kiyron Powell, Reggie Chaney, J’Wan Roberts is a nice rotation at the 4 and 5 next season. We’ll probably land Ashton Smith. And if we land Armbrester then I guess they’re banking on Grimes leaving. If he doesn’t, then we will have a transfer out.

2 Likes

If they land Ashton Smith then no but I’m not counting anybody not committed.

Right. But I think we are fine. Regardless on if we land a big or not.

If we can land the right big sure, but I don’t see it as a pressing need with the 4 we have returning.
Take the best available.
Looking at his highlights seems his game is similar to Chaney’s.

As far as players leaving, and I don’t really talk about this much, but I am thinking Grimes has a good season and will be a draft pick the following season.

2 Likes

Agreed overall but it would be nice to have at least one big 6’10+ on the roster. Im still hoping they get Aidoo but if not there still is a lot of talent on the roster.

1 Like

A stud big is always nice but also rather have an active skilled 6’7 player any day over a guy who is just 6’10

1 Like

We do Powell

Its not like they are recruiting random 6’10 guys who cant play. It never hurts to have size up front considering Memphis, Cincy and most of the conference will be strong in the frontcourt.

Powell isn’t 6’10 

If I remember correctly cks said powell was 6’10 with a 7’1 wingspan. Was around the time he got to campus.

1 Like

Just looked at the UH men’s basketball website and Powell is listed at 6’10

2 Likes

Powell is the tallest player on our team this season. The next three tallest are Chaney, Gresham and Brodo all measuring in at 6’8

uh regularly overstates heights, especially incoming bigs
valentine sangyomi was listed at 7’0 when he first joined UH but was shorter than all our 6’10 bigs, but eventually updated to 6’9, then 6’8
lol
cameron tyson was listed at 6’3/6’4 when he first came, but in the red white scrimmage he was not close to that height
was eventually relisted at 6’2
dont put too much faith in the UH listed hieghts

chaney isnt taller than gorham who is 6’7
we were just talking about this in the workout thread

https://twitter.com/CoachAlanBishop/status/1301563396228354048

powell is our tallest player, but he is definitely shorter than harris, you could make a case for 6’9 for powell
he isnt 6’10 (before someones notes, its 1 picture, i referenced with others)

1 Like

1 Like