2021 offers

Damion Collins committed to Kentucky and Ashton Smith to Texas A&M tonight. Former recruits

How many scholarships do we have left to give for 2021?

1 Like

Zero but itā€™s safe to say that we may have one more early departure (Grimes or Mills)

Outside of Francis itā€™ll be hell to land the other top talent in houston as you have too many folks in the pot wanting to have an input

With the way this year is ending in terms of lack of opportunities itā€™ll be interesting to see where a lot of these kids land without a summer to be seen. Especially the bubble kids

1 Like

Right. We would die for someone like the caliber of Francis. We can win big with him manning the middle with Powell.

Also with JUCO kids gaining an extra year and the transfer market a lot of the HS kids may have to go to prep school.

Bingo. I think Dana is only going to bring around 12 kids from HS in 2021 . Rest are jucos & transfers.

1 Like

Dana? This is basketball, dude.

9 Likes

Sounds like Aidoo is close to deciding and he got a crystal ball pick on 247 for Marquette.

Darn.

I liked him a lot.

Donā€™t you guys think that we should sign a PG as the 4th player in this class, especially given that DeJon is graduating? (If not, we are left with just Sasser and Shead as our points for next year).

Thatā€™s not a bad tandem to have at the point. Plus, Mark and Mills can also handle the ball pretty well.

I think thisā€¦ we have no problem getting guards. If cks wants or thinks we need a gaurd or two, we will get a guard or two. You can bet on that.

sampson has made it clear heā€™s happy with the guardsā€¦shead and sasser heā€™s fine with and occasionally mark as neededā€¦ we havent recruited a guard in monthsā€¦ the one guard we recruited months ago wasnt a point ā€¦
expect the last ship to be a center ā€¦with likely gresham and gorham most likely goneā€¦and sampson noting francis isnt likely to be ready day 1

My sleeper in the clubhouse is Chuks Isitua from Yates. Been liking and retweeting a lot of UH basketball stuff lately.

1 Like

Heā€™s a big body for sure.

Still baffled by the fact he has hasnā€™t committed already honestly.

I thought we might have backed off of him.

That JC kid from Louisiana was someone that I was exited about as a guard when he committed. Not sure what happened there, He decommitted quickly.

The Michael Thomas situation is weird. He left Kilgore CC as well so not sure what happened.

Thanks for all your feedback.
Imo, we ought to always have 3 very capable point guards, as we do with this team.

That kid plays with an attitude.

Goes 100 percent.

Sad to hear that heā€™s not enrolled even at his JC.

Whatā€™s up with this PJ haggerty kid? Heā€™s a solid Houston area PG.

Hopefully that Tech win will open up some of these kidsā€™ eyes even more towards the U of H.

With 3 in the class signed, including Francis, I kind of wonder how firm our offer to Isitua is right now as well.