2021 recruiting

To get mind my off this last game I was thinking about how important the 2021 recruiting class will be. The staff will have to replace 3 bigs (White, Gorham & Gresham). Wondering if they will look for a grad transfer for one of the spots.

I hope so considering Gresham and Gorham are both transfers who we got immediate And impactful production from.

I don’t think a grad transfer is the answer. They are rarely any good and they are only here for 1 season.

3 Likes

We are redshirting jwan Robert’s and we have kryon Powell coming in next year…I’m sure we are not done yet.

2 Likes

Just thinking they will want another big with experience along with Powell and Roberts who would be just Sophs

2 Likes

I think that will likely be a touted freshman or a sitout transfer from this offseason

1 Like

I’m also hoping for 2 top 100 players a PG and C/F

1 Like

If Santa is taking orders, I’d like a rim protector, a la Chris Harris Jr. but with some sweet offensive moves to the basket a la Breaon Brady.

If that’s not too much to ask for.

6 Likes

harris height with breaon brady skills thats good at rim protection is a myth in 2020 lol…most bigs are building guard skills…in the 2019 class there was 1…Isaiah Stewart (at Washington)…and he is only 6’9

but we are definitely targeting bigs in 2021…the 2 most heavily targeted by us and most at the moment are Daimion Collins and KJ adams (that we a have somewhat realistic chance of landing)…once upon a time we were favorites for keon edwards but that died off

1 Like

Collins is a beast I really hope they find a way to pull that off. Every school is going to be coming after him but he would monster in the middle.

2 Likes

Well the shot blocker is coming next year. Kid from Indianapolis area. He is an elite shot blocker n rebounder at the H.S. level currently.

1 Like

Do we have room for another pg and c/f ? ? ? ? ?

they are talking about 2021…not 2020

we lose gorham, white and Gresham after 2020…we will defintely need bigs in 2021, pg isnt really a need but i could see Sampson loading up on more pgs and putting them at different spots

1 Like

Thanks for the clarification . . . . .I’m a senior that gets confused some . . . . .

3 Likes

Is it too early for us to have any commits for 21? If not do we have any or who you think we have the best chance at besides the above mentioned two?

@Idanceblroom

That’s okay man. I’ve been stalking our prospects for 21 and they look good brother. If we have room, we might be able to get a real stud at every level. But, certainly should be able to get a stud at g and c/f

2 Likes

A 6-10 thunder-chucker would be nice.

1 Like

Would Jerrell Colbert be a possibility?

Let’s go overseas and get a Sabonis type!

How about a Michael Jordan type ? ? ? ? ?

1 Like