#21 and rising!

James “Full of” Crepea and Dave “I really don’t” Matter

3 Likes

Crazy bias!

Good thing there are other metrics. But just like football, we need to beat the Hell out of average teams OOC. You can’t start your season in the AAC in January. Too many ways to lose games.

3 Likes

Mark Bergman has us at 23. But he is biased as well. How can we get P5 status like top 10 Gonzaga, Dayton and San Diego State? Those biased media folks voting MWC, WCC and MAC teams to the top 10 is not fair.

That is not Mark Berman Fox26- UH Alum.
Same name but it’s a writer from up Northeast part of Country. Our Berman does not have a vote or he would have Coogs #1. :crazy_face::grin:

1 Like

I saw the name and shook my head. Popular sports name.

1 Like

If we only had 1 loss, or zero like SDSU, we would definitely be a top 10 team. Possibly even top 5. The national media respects us. Everybody is not always out to get us, contrary to common coogfan talk.

14 Likes

Amen amen!!!

Can I get a whoa Bundy. :crazy_face:

3 Likes

You better watch what you say around here. The chronicle, staffed by ann richard supporting longhorns, has been working with ESPN for years to keep us down.

2 Likes

I will say that I believe a big reason the media has noticed the Coogs is because of Sampson. Sampson is a big name in college basketball and having him has definitely helped in getting us back in the spot light. The team is playing great and having the Sampson name affiliated with it certainly helps.

9 Likes

Other contributing factors:

1. Back-to-back NCAA tournaments getting out of the first round
  2. Last season’s phenomenal record
  3. Shiny new Fertitta Center

I think the media likes to see a UH rags to riches story with coach like Sampson whose reputation was tarnished for a rule that is now outdated.

8 Likes

Dropped from #20 to #22. We hanging around.

10 Likes

Also, BYU enters the poll at #23. That loss isn’t looking nearly as bad as it did at the time.

6 Likes

Cincy, Tulsa and SMU getting votes.

6 Likes

Expected UH to drop out after that loss to SMU. Coogs need to bounce back against Tulsa

2 Likes

Nope too many teams lost also that were ranked all around the Coogs. And none of them lost against a ranked opponent. Hopefully it shows little bit that the Pollsters are not trying to see how they can stick it to the COOGS. Of course every other fan base feels the same I’m sure.

4 Likes

Ended up #22 in Coaches Poll as well! #Respect

9 Likes

Agree, Tulsa at home to me is a must win for our confidence going forward. This is a huge game since we just lost to SMU Saturday and Tulsa at there place earlier.

5 Likes

Pleasantly surprised by #22

6 Likes