2k fans short

There are more then 200k alumni in the city of Houston. They need to feel a sense of pride to be associated with UH and supportive of athletics and academics. UH has tried to reach out and kindle some fire but end of the day, individuals and their families need to own this. The players and coaches do not make excuses after a loss, it’s about time fans stopping making those boring excuses for not showing up. It is show up or shut up time. Represent.

2 Likes

Thank u, 200K Alumni and cant put 7000 butts in the damn arena, sad sad, and I’m tired of all the old excuses, weather, traffic, work, blah blah, the city of Houston needs to step up attendance in our football and basketball programs!

3 Likes

Just so younger fans will know. During The Elvin Hayes era Hofheinz Pavilion did not exist. Cougar games were off campus at Delmar Fieldhouse. It was located near Loop 610 and Hwy 290. Quite far from campus. As I recall the seating capacity was not much. A few thousand.

@banderacoogfan

I hear you. But, some of those excuses are legit.

Personally, we have to win win win. We have a bunch of fair weather fans and that’s just what it is. Only thing that cures that is putting a winner in the field and court. We can’t lose games like that cincy game. Our fans just can’t stomach it.

Another ideas I have…more community outreach to high/middle schools-Suburbs/city everyone. Bus them in, give free tickets. Get it in their minds and blood. “College Tour” whatever we need to do to get kids on campus.

It was 5K !

1 Like

We buy extra seats for football. Partially for the elbow room, partially for the opportunity to bring some of the grandkids. Not for basketball though.

It’s probably not fans making the excuses. It’s alumni who are not interested enough in attending. There are a lot of them.

2 Likes

They are too busy sending their kids to other colleges

1 Like

It was a few short years ago that I would come into town on business and walk up, buy a ticket, and sit ANYWHERE! Let’s get some perspective. I remember looking at the statistics and laughing about the attendance of over 2K.

2 Likes

I understand the seats behind the team are sold…and I understand that the high dollar buyers don’t have the time to attend a lot of games.

But…why are those seats rarely on Stubhub for resale? Nothing available in section C01 to C04 for Tulsa game and you KNOW those will be 75% empty on Wednesday. Only 9 total seats in the C’s, all in C04, for the Cincy game. More for the Memphis game but not much more.

I’d be nice if they took 5 minutes and put them on the market? Or is there some other reseller sight I need to be looking at?

Probably don’t need the money but gee whiz wish they could give the tickets to someone who can be there

2 Likes

On Seat Geek, there are 13 available in the C’s. For that little section, that’s a lot of empty seats.

I thought that they were going to move the camera’s as the rest of the Center is pretty full.

The camera will be moved for next season.

The game vs WSU had a great crowd & atmosphere! Complaining about seats being empty is like saying you’re hungry with a loaf of bread under your arm! ( I got that quote from another poster)

4 Likes

One answer is all season tickets holders double their amount of season tickets and make
sure every seat is full every game. Only way to keep out secondary market. You can’t blame it all
on students, yes it can be a nice break from school, but it is not for everybody and they do has work
to do. I really do not know how Wichita gets 13,000 to every game, amazing. Do not tell me it is because
they have no pro sports. For percentage of the population, that would be like us drawing 500 every night. They get 4% of the entire city population to every game.

Wich St doesn’t have a football team so all the energy is being put into basketball. There isn’t anything else going on in Wichita in the winter and they actually have a basketball culture. UH Bball program had been dorminant for awhile, pro sports get most of the media coverage and Houston isn’t a bball town per say. If you look at the schools that constantly sellout a big portion is the students since there on campus and provide the energy in the arena.

2 Likes

WSU is in Wichita where there is nothing else to do.

I get that, but I am sure they have excuses too. Like the weather is bad, or kids have soccer or the opponent is bad, the same as Coog fans, but no every night for 5 years, 13,000.

Except, traffic issues are legit in Houston, not so much up there. So timing the game is critical.

2 Likes